Dolmar Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi everyone hope all are well. In light of the thread I saw last week I guess Dolmar is going to stop gas engine yard product production and focus on battery operated tools instead. Here is my question, I have a 2-3 year old 5105 easy start and I am wondering about replacement part production. Will Dolmar continue to produce parts for a certain amount of time? I don't have anything wrong right now and have no idea which parts to stock pile if any. I am not really thinking about gathering up a box of extras but should I be..?. To be blunt I am really a little on the fence about how much I love the saw to begin with so stock piling a few hundred in parts,..well I am just picking brains here. Thanks Jeff

Good saws. A little finicky. Seriously nice power characteristics. Handle like a block in a limbing application, but a superlative bucker.
What parts do you need? A clutch drum. Maybe, although theylast several thousand hours. Clutch bearing, probably. A piston and some rings, maybe.

I don't know what else?

I'm waiting for the great sell-off of old stock! I'll likely get a couple more Dolmars/Makitas at that point. Nice saws.

Howdy Jeff, I e-mailed SawAgain last week and Dan Dean the owner said he really couldn't see gas chainsaw production stopping in 2022. I'm in the same boat with you I have 5 Dolmars 5105S and 2 Makitas 7901 and EA5000. The high performance 14,500 coils have already disappeared. You might want to buy an extra coil and some air filters. I have a good friend that works at the Makita Factory in Hamburg Germany. I will e-mail him and find out what is going to shake out. He has worked there for 37 years.

My chainsaw world may be coming to an end. Jonsered Gone, Dolmar Gone, Makita Gone. Just add Stihl and Husqvarna and it is over. I was thinking about going to Walmart tomorrow and see if they had any of those purple and green Poulan Wild Things left. Just kidding I would rather get my crosscut saws out and use them.
P.S. Cuinrearview, you may be sitting on a gold mine with all those Dolmar Parts.

Thanks for the answers. I was thinking yesterday that maybe get a 510 muffler and an air filter. I was going to buy some parts from fordf150 last year but then he had a fire at his shop I guess. I do not know if he is back up and running or even if he plans to? I want to buy from him if I buy anything, he and Jerry "Pioneerguy600" spent a lot of time helping me figure out an issue last year, and ordering from him is the least I can do.

The point of this thread is parts availability. April 1, 2022 is the Makita response nla?

I really don't need much but starter pieces do seem to fail.
Franny K, excellent point. Manufacturers in the U.S. had to supply parts for ten years after production but that did not always happen due to bankruptcy. I do know that production of the Dolmar PS-5105SC ended February of 2010 and the coil availability for that saw ended this year. The problem is we are dealing with a foreign country. Will check with my Hamburg buddy on parts availability. I do know that the Japanese are running the show since they bought Dolmar in 1991. To tell you the truth I'm surprised that they never moved the plant to China in past 30 years.

Howdy Jeff, I e-mailed SawAgain last week and Dan Dean the owner said he really couldn't see gas chainsaw production stopping in 2022. I'm in the same boat with you I have 5 Dolmars 5105S and 2 Makitas 7901 and EA5000. The high performance 14,500 coils have already disappeared. You might want to buy an extra coil and some air filters. I have a good friend that works at the Makita Factory in Hamburg Germany. I will e-mail him and find out what is going to shake out. He has worked there for 37 years.
Just got an e-mail this afternoon from Dan Dean (SawAgain) about Makita ceasing production in 2022. Dan has a way with words. He only said Wow!

Can't disclose the source but here is the e-mail I just received---{"I just confirmed it too, they said emmission regulations were too costly. I think Makita is run out of Europe and Japan, they are politically correct and jumped on the green new deal train"}

Can't disclose the source but here is the e-mail I just received---"I just confirmed it too, they said emmission regulations were too costly. I think Makita is run out of Europe and Japan, they are politically correct and jumped on the green new deal train"
They have a 25cc four cycle couple shaft power head that uses the same attachments that the battery couple shaft power head. If they had a 35cc version like Honda I probably would have at least one, think it comes as a pole saw not couple shaft. The Honda comes with a clean air index of 1 on the little tag. They are discontinuing all gasoline so there likely is a bit more to the issue.

Franny K, you might want to google and read The Deagle Report on U.S. demographics done in 2014 then you will be able to connect the dots concerning the sales slump of gas powered products in the years 2021 to 2025

Have a year old 5105 H and just picked up a slightly been used 7910 XD . There will be parts availability for at least a decade or so , I already have spares . 13 k Coils & Air filters , clutch drums etc would be a investment in the future . Same thing I did with my 2012 346 xp ;)

Back