Dolmar PS-420 bar and chain recommendations (Noob)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong.....my post (#90) was in response to your post (#81) about that bar being an A095 and not a A041 so i asked about the filing the holes.
The 041 oils trough the upper (otherwise unused) upper adjuster hole, trough a channel up to the bar slot - and the 095 has a seperate oiler hole, that oils directly into the bar slots. There are some bars with combination mounts that are supposed to cover both options (SugiHara and something that Baileys sells) - but they don't work perfectly on all saws with the 095 mounts....

The 041 oils trough the upper (otherwise unused) upper adjuster hole, trough a channel up to the bar slot - and the 095 has a seperate oiler hole, that oils directly into the bar slots. There are some bars with combination mounts that are supposed to cover both options (SugiHara and something that Baileys sells) - but they don't work perfectly on all saws with the 095 mounts....
I need a A095 to work on a A041 mount

70% of all the PS-421's we've sold were setup with a 160GLGK041 Oregon Prolite Bar and a 20BPX066G chain (or LPX). The rest are running the stock 16" Dolmar bar on 91 Series chain.

On PS-420's we used some GB Power Tech .325 bars as well.

I've used the k041..325 and the one I'm doing now will be leaving with k041 and .325 NK.I've also sold the with that total bar and the stock bars. Along with modified k095 bars.

sometime today i will post a picture of the bar on the saw.

I am also either a cheap skate and my store package doesn't support multiple pictures or I am a computer illiterate idiot for not being able to figure out how to post multiple pictures because i wanted to do multiple pics of quite a few things and just couldn't get it figured out

Kind of a work around would be to splice two pictures together in a photo editor progran like paint that comes standard on all windows systems that I have used back to windows 95. Or start with a blank picture of a size you specify and paste in from other windows of the same or similar programs to fill the size specified. Re size as needed. Your store package has a pretty good magnifying glass feature.

running behind but here is the pics of the total bar on a 421AS 002.JPG AS 004.JPG

Thanks....i didn't want to have to file out all the holes to make it fit or oil but it looks like its all good.

Back