Done with bad fuel !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I always hear about fuel problems. I bought a few used machines and to say the dirt in the fuel was the biggest problem. Not sure how it works? Do you sabotage a engine with dirt so it will not run right? I left my 272 Husqvarna with fuel in it for 10 years it was really low on purpose I left it set. Now I added about double what fuel was in there. Started in 4 pulls ran like a champ. What I did have over the years a 394 Husqvarna the fuel system so full of fine dirt I cleaned the tank for a while had kt 17 Kohler I bought a garden tractor that would fill the crankcase with fuel and hydro lock the engine. I notice it had brand new carburetor on it when I cleaned the tank, I found the trouble. Just be careful when you add fuel. Or just blame the fuel and I will not hear it anymore

Fuel problems. Dump every unit in shop in a glass jar as part of diagnosis. 75 per cent will have water or have plugged the fuel filter from dirt. That will end up inside the carb plugging and corroding it. Leave empty if sitting for a long period.
As to ethanol being the root of all 2 cycle evil? Am seeing same issues with ethanol free gas. It is all junk in 90 days. Pre mixed? Starting to see issues there also. Use it up. Don't store it.
Just saying what I see daily.

I always hear about fuel problems. I bought a few used machines and to say the dirt in the fuel was the biggest problem. Not sure how it works? Do you sabotage a engine with dirt so it will not run right? I left my 272 Husqvarna with fuel in it for 10 years it was really low on purpose I left it set. Now I added about double what fuel was in there. Started in 4 pulls ran like a champ. What I did have over the years a 394 Husqvarna the fuel system so full of fine dirt I cleaned the tank for a while had kt 17 Kohler I bought a garden tractor that would fill the crankcase with fuel and hydro lock the engine. I notice it had brand new carburetor on it when I cleaned the tank, I found the trouble. Just be careful when you add fuel. Or just blame the fuel and I will not hear it anymore
Huh?

I think what the OP is saying is that everyone just defaults to blaming the fuel when the problem is often crud in the tank (possibly from the user not being careful when filling), and not the fuel itself.

Dat's why I use fuel filters.
1drink.gif

If there's enough trash in the tank to clog the filter, ya probably need to fill it with a smaller shovel.

Want to end your woes with ethanol and Bio fuel?

Go to: theepicenter.com/blog/tips/fuel-treatment/

Click on "Power" and choose "PRI fuel treatment" . Click on the: Fuel Degradation in Storage. It tells you about the product. (PRI-G for gas, PRI-D for diesel)

Stuff ends all your fuel problems, diesel or gas, just treat as it directed and fuel last for years. .

I have used it for about 15 years. in saws, boats, cars, trucks, tractors, dozers and all sorts of small engine applications. I never have to worry about dumping the gas before storage, everything starts right up in the spring. Stops the breakdown of aluminum parts in the fuel system.

Solves the problems with gas in boats and snowmobiles.

It is a supper concentrated lubricant for injector pumps and injectors in diesels. Also kills the bugs that generate water in Bio-diesel. Cleans your fuel systems and helps everything run smoother

I am currently running gas from 2014 in my old ford F250 300 six.

I have diesel that is older than that and it runs fine, just keep it treated.

Latest posts

Back