Done with bad fuel !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, lol - that stain will be in the corner of my eye for life. It's much more noticeable in person than in that pic. That was from a rust chunk off the exhaust of my '85 Monte Carlo about 28 years ago.

I'll tell ya, I wish I had spent the money and found a solid, Southwestern 12v Cummins / Ram pickup, rather than spending the $31-LARGE on this friggin lemon '07 Silverado 1500 with the failure prone 5.3! I think I'll have another $31-LARGE put into the damn thing in repairs, and upgrades to GM's "value-added engineering" over the past 15 years / 122k miles.

My ball joints never made 40k miles, rear end shed the tips of the spider gear teeth off at 97k (That's just when I found it - probably happened 20k miles sooner!), and the 4L60E transmission lost 3rd & 4th (Like all of them do in the GMT-900 platform) at 103k.

I swear if I didn't drive, I'd have enough money for a helicopter or 2 in my stable ...
Maybe you just hard on it lol. I have an 08 Sierra with none of those problems. I dont baby mine but i dont rag on it either. I just did a whole new front end and brakes at 138k for the first time, flush the trans every 40k, serviced the tcase and diffs at 100k. The AFM has been tuned out since day 1. Love this truck, i keep it coated underneath in ACF50 but one day the rust will take it. Not looking forward to that at all.

This was a 8200lb load i brought back to NE IN from NE Ohio last winter.
BAF97759-F6BF-459E-A3A9-F4D31F5CD03C.jpeg
I deliver parts to a customer in that trailer twice a month 106 miles round trip at about 52-5300lbs loaded. Its got alot of miles with a trailer behind it and its been on 35” tall tires since about 50k. I just dont push it, i can probably count the number of times the pedal has been on the floor on my fingers and its all oh **** moments. Its a pickup truck, not a corvette or a prerunner.

This mint unit though… Its a whole different story. That little 2.3 is full of disappointment and lives life like the throttle is an on off switch but it just keeps on running lol. Previous owner ran it in a tough truck contest then traded it to me for a used iphone and $100.3C85DC3E-3D14-4098-B8E1-00B4E28AB751.jpeg

Hard to baby anything in MA - the roads are a battleground, lol. I get 30k out of brakes and tires maximum. Best I ever got was 35k out of the stock Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. But that was just a brief synopsis - there's HUNDREDS of other failed parts I've dealt with through zero fault of my own. The brakes pulsated BAD on the test drive - FORTY miles on the clock! WTF, GM!! Didn't think that was even possible ...

Then the endless interior squeaks and rattles, driveline clunks, buzzing vents, etc ...

Plus I tow anything from 5,500, to a couple crazy 5-figure weight range loads. I try not to do those if I can help it. WAY too much for this little thing.

This thing was OVER maintained more than ANY vehicle I've ever owned in my life, since it cost 10x what I normally paid for vehicles. Ran nothing but the best oils - Amsoil Signature Series in EVERYTHING in the driveline. Stuff still failed.

AB6E39F8-780D-40A0-9167-832E6C4611A9_1_105_c.jpeg05E5C80F-EF86-4C30-B524-0791C73C7FA2_1_105_c.jpeg624C183B-89FA-4928-B00B-2D1B055504F7_1_105_c.jpegE7ED09CA-FE58-4653-9117-13BAADEEA8DE.jpegC6DB00B5-2779-421B-A948-D50A190BC53A_1_105_c.jpeg288C8D3A-C89A-4F9B-ACB4-8F042B3BB4BC_1_105_c.jpeg622BD2BF-ECC7-4E48-8828-BB1C0C3ABA80_1_105_c.jpegED3AD27F-42F0-4BFC-AE6B-C90E3DE32B38_1_105_c.jpegB134E6F1-C989-4D82-B802-93044825C9EB_1_201_a.jpeg13C553E7-B68D-4608-8C80-298785EF66F2_1_201_a.jpeg

Hard to baby anything in MA - the roads are a battleground, lol. I get 30k out of brakes and tires maximum. Best I ever got was 35k out of the stock Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. But that was just a brief synopsis - there's HUNDREDS of other failed parts I've dealt with through zero fault of my own. The brakes pulsated BAD on the test drive - FORTY miles on the clock! WTF, GM!! Didn't think that was even possible ...

Then the endless interior squeaks and rattles, driveline clunks, buzzing vents, etc ...

Plus I tow anything from 5,500, to a couple crazy 5-figure weight range loads. I try not to do those if I can help it. WAY too much for this little thing.

This thing was OVER maintained more than ANY vehicle I've ever owned in my life, since it cost 10x what I normally paid for vehicles. Ran nothing but the best oils - Amsoil Signature Series in EVERYTHING in the driveline. Stuff still failed.
Well that makes sense then lol, the roads here are as laid back as it gets. 40 miles to warp a set of rotors it’s quite impressive. How do you like the Bilsteins, i went with their 5100s when i rebuilt my front end. Also Performabuilt knows their way around a transmission. Hopefully it treats you well. I did put a 40k trucool on mine when i bought the black trailer. I run GM Acdelco fluids from the dealer, penzoil synthetic oil, and lucas grease in mine.

My black trailer is rated at 9900lbs so if i need to haul more than that i call my buddy with a dually. 9900 is more than i care to pull anyway, i dont have much experience towing heavy loads.

I'll tell ya, I wish I had spent the money and found a solid, Southwestern 12v Cummins / Ram pickup, rather than spending the $31-LARGE on this friggin lemon '07 Silverado 1500 with the failure prone 5.3! I think I'll have another $31-LARGE put into the damn thing in repairs, and upgrades to GM's "value-added engineering" over the past 15 years / 122k miles.

My ball joints never made 40k miles, rear end shed the tips of the spider gear teeth off at 97k (That's just when I found it - probably happened 20k miles sooner!), and the 4L60E transmission lost 3rd & 4th (Like all of them do in the GMT-900 platform) at 103k.

I swear if I didn't drive, I'd have enough money for a helicopter or 2 in my stable ...
It was my ‘10 that burnt all the oil 2 weeks after an oil change. I had less than a month left on my warranty too. The dealer said no damage was done thanks to all the bells and whistles that went off. They knew about the issue via service bulletins but said it was too widespread and there were far too many 5.3 motors out there to do a total recall so they just went case by case.
That and GM closed the best plant in the world in my hometown (Oshawa, Canada) I now drive a Ford….

Never knew it was a quote from Ronnie.I miss the plant in Oshawa as I worked in it as a traveler electrician several times over the years.
Kash
GM just like others have closed plants left and right. GM (Pontiac) closed the Kansas city plant well before Pontiac was done. They closed the engine/transmission plant north of I-74 between Illinois and Indianapolis. They closed the truck plant in Janesville WI. I was in two of those plants as well as the Ford trick plant in Kansas City that I believe they closed. Also unrealted but the Gleaner combine plant in Kansas City. I work in a Toyota off shoot forktruck plant and who knows how long we will exist

How timely this thread is. A neighbor about a block down the road was using a charger for his hybrid car in the garage and went elsewhere in the house to relax in the afternoon. The charger overheated and set fire to the garage and the hybrid car. The fire went straight up and reached the attic. Seven fire trucks arrived to extinguish the blaze. No luck, the house (large) and its contents are a total loss, likely near half a million dollars or more. So sad. :(
Here's one more hard truth example of why electric cars are not reliable or feasible. :(

You hit the nail on the head in regards to what I have been saying. The fuel issues are caused by the actions of the owner not the fuel. The fact is things change and we must change and adapt to the changes. We do not have to like the changes but the change is inevitable.
Change is inevitable, but IMO is Usually not good.

Change is inevitable, but IMO is Usually not good.
Well whether the change is good or bad it will not help to complain. We have to adapt the best me can. When lead was taken out of conventional fuel folks thought it was the end of the world. My father was livid. Well over 35 plus years we have learned to adapt

Back