Done with bad fuel !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say erupt I agree and will add BURN
How timely this thread is. A neighbor about a block down the road was using a charger for his hybrid car in the garage and went elsewhere in the house to relax in the afternoon. The charger overheated and set fire to the garage and the hybrid car. The fire went straight up and reached the attic. Seven fire trucks arrived to extinguish the blaze. No luck, the house (large) and its contents are a total loss, likely near half a million dollars or more. So sad. :(

I used a Griffin filter on my Yota. High quality Racor 500 knock off.

Had all kinds of issues with fuel until I put the Griffin with a 30 micron water blocking Racor element on as primary, and a CAT 2 micron filter as secondary. That Mercedes was a pain in the ass to keep happy, but it got clean fuel.

I just flew my paramotor 3 times this past week on 11 month & 2 week old premixed E0 gasoline. Would've been a year old on the 26th. Not a hiccup. 2.3 hours combined flight, 6 full-throttle takeoffs for over 2 minutes each time. Amsoil Saber has a built-in stabilizer that apparently works. I mix that stuff heavy on the paramotor at 66:1.

It's not the fuel - it's how customers store it. It CANNOT, whether E0 or E10 pump gas, be stored open to the atmosphere. It's GOT to be in a sealed, air tight container at ALL times. That said, E0 will still outlast E10 in an open jug by a factor of AT LEAST 10:1, unless you live in Phoenix where 20% humidity is considered "tropical". I see TONS of fuel problems, while I myself have very few. I've kept E10 in a 55 gallon drum for a year, and ran it in my mower pumped through a water separating filter. The filter never stopped flowing, so, no water present. Could tell the fuel had degraded by the smell, and it's propensity for epic knocks & backfires on the mower at shutdown, but it got the job done. I even mixed up some premix with that stuff for the whacker, blower, and chainsaw at the time. No issues with those, either.

I did have to clean the carb in the saw after it sat 9 months with that same year old gas in it, though. Was shocked it wasn't worse. Just stale and separated.

View attachment 1008500
I too have left used gas in my equipment with stabile without any I'll effects. The same goes for two cycle engines.

They force me too here thats all there is available.
Looks like there's a place off 206 near the Pic-A-Lilly Inn and Atsion Lake...Mighty Joe's Gas in Shamong Twp ... check pure-gas.org

(I used to live in that area...)

Did you see me complaining? OP mentioned problems, I cited a probable source. I don't buy ethanol fuel for any of my small engines.
Move along Shrek.
Yes I did see you complaining
Ethanol baby. The devil is in the blend, to be sure.
The above quote is a complaint and your reference to Shrek is an insult

How timely this thread is. A neighbor about a block down the road was using a charger for his hybrid car in the garage and went elsewhere in the house to relax in the afternoon. The charger overheated and set fire to the garage and the hybrid car. The fire went straight up and reached the attic. Seven fire trucks arrived to extinguish the blaze. No luck, the house (large) and its contents are a total loss, likely near half a million dollars or more. So sad. :(
Sounds like the electric car put some emissions in the air by way of the fire not to mention a compete loss of all personal effects of a family. The things that no money can replace

No you are the man. Your words, no one else's

You gotta be one of the most petty people on here. Speaking of not being capable of admitting when your wrong, have you figured out the difference between an observation and a complaint yet? Do yourself a favor and educate yourself.

Latest posts

Back