Done with bad fuel !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo, the bad fuel excuse is overrated.
Unless it’s been contaminated or sat for 5 years things usually start up on old fuel as long as the bowl didn’t run dry.
Not sure what the OP was suggesting but that’s my experience. The best prevention is use it and keep the dirt and water out.
It's a habit of mine to run the carb dry before long term storage. Old gas in a carb that sits for a long time will definitely cause problems.

Last summer I pumped 20 gallons of gasoline out of my buddies boat storage tank it was 18 years old.I used it in chain saws and in an outboard motor and a Wajax fire pump no problems at all.
Kash
Aaah a Wajax fire pump... Some of those were powered by Disston DA211 engines

Around here, gas sitting that long wouldn't even be a flammable liquid.
Maybe you could use it in charged-stream fire extinguishers, instead of water, y'know, when you get magnesium fires that don't play well with water...

Screen-Shot-2017-09-25-at-11.26.02-AM-295x300.png

I can't follow what the op is saying....
Don't feel bad ! I could never follow a lot of stuff. What I study is free ways to fix everything. There are never any results on the stuff that are easy and cheap. No major study will ever invest in it period. I did my own study I take no pain pills have no hay fever run about 100 5 k a year at 61 . Getting really out of hand of what I'm saying.

I’m going to jump in here and say fuel from 10-20 years ago is far different than the fuel from the last couple years. Running a construction company and going through a fair amount of gas. Since 2018-2019 I have noticed gas cannot sit for more than a couple months at best. We have ran into so many carburetors being gummed up from sitting throughout the winter we have been treating every container of gas ourselves. And that is buying “non ethanol” gas. Has anyone noticed their fuel mileage has gone down in their vehicles when they should be going up? They are trying to usher in battery powered everything and they are making us mad at gas to make the transition easier

Last summer I pumped 20 gallons of gasoline out of my buddies boat storage tank it was 18 years old.I used it in chain saws and in an outboard motor and a Wajax fire pump no problems at all.
Kash
I believe it. There was NO ETHANOL in that fuel 18 years ago. Good ol' days!!

I believe it. There was NO ETHANOL in that fuel 18 years ago. Good ol' days!!
"Gasahol" was introduced in the late 1970's . A 10% blend has been standard for around 30 years although not mandated as it is currently in some states. 15%, 20%, and 30% blends have been around for 30 years but not standard. 85% picked up speed about 20 years ago. The entire time no one has been forced to use it even in "mandated" areas

Off topic but the Wajax pump is powered by a Rotax 2 cycle engine of around 5hp.the pump is a Mark 26 model total weight 37 pounds and it really shoots a long stream.I pump from the lake to water my grass run it at 1/4 throttle with Tilly HL carb really easy on fuel.
Kash
MANY years ago they built some with the DA211 twin engines. Honestly I did not realize the company was still around

"Gasahol" was introduced in the late 1970's . A 10% blend has been standard for around 30 years although not mandated as it is currently in some states. 15%, 20%, and 30% blends have been around for 30 years but not standard. 85% picked up speed about 20 years ago. The entire time no one has been forced to use it even in "mandated" areas

CA, NY and at least 23 other states effectively banned MTBE almost 20 years ago. Since then, it's been replaced by ethanol.

I guess if you don't want to burn gasohol, there's no one holding a gun to your head saying you have to burn it. But if you want to use a non-electric motor vehicle, you basically don't have any choice in much of the country. It''s gasohol or walk.

CA, NY and at least 23 other states effectively banned MTBE almost 20 years ago. Since then, it's been replaced by ethanol.

I guess if you don't want to burn gasohol, there's no one holding a gun to your head saying you have to burn it. But if you want to use a non-electric motor vehicle, you basically don't have any choice in much of the country. It''s gasohol or walk.
What in the post that you quoted of mine was incorrect?

In every state you still have the option of burning non-ethanol fuels. Read what I wrote earlier. There are many options out there but you cannot be a lazy whinning ass you have to actually do some work to get them. I will make it simple for you. Pick one state and I will find you non ethanol fuel

What in the post that you quoted of mine was incorrect?

"No one has been forced to use gasohol."

True, no one put a gun to people's heads and said they had to burn gasohol in their cars.

They could walk instead! Or crawl. Or pogo-stick. Or walk on their hands! Or flap their arms and fly!

Or they could buy a gasoline tanker and drive 350 miles to a source of non-ethanol gasoline so that they could buy enough of it so that they would have some leftover by the time they got back home, so that they could put some into their car. Lather, rinse, repeat.

People have PLENTY of choice about how they fuel their vehicles!

Back