Don't Have a Dolmar Brake Bands (Might Have a Solution)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Does anyone know were I could get a Brake Band for a Dolmar 120 super posted to the UK, I used the like above for ebay but unfortunately they cannot send to the UK due to new ebay regulations

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know were I could get a Brake Band for a Dolmar 120 super posted to the UK, I used the like above for ebay but unfortunately they cannot send to the UK due to new ebay regulations

Thanks
burneyboy2002,
Ebay does not actually have new regulations in shipping to the UK. It appears that the UK government however has new regulations around product safety that I believe went into effect sometime in 2023. Unfortunately, due to these UK market specific regulations, individuals in the UK market will no longer be able to purchase that Dolmar brake band listed in the ebay posting which is why ebay is preventing you from buying this product. This is not specific to this brake band as it is impacting many-many products that fall under the categories specified in the UK product safety regulation...I think I got the details correct. Even if you wanted to do a direct buy, the package may get flagged in customs.

I am pretty sure my question is 100% un-answerable , but how does a break band (repair part) for a chainsaw ( which makes it slightly safer to use) be deemed a hazard. :dizzy: Other than the chainsaw is a hazardous tool to use ( but then so is a car, axe, butter knife......). 73 years and I still do not understand bureaucratic pasture paddies. Not that the US gov. is any better or perhaps worse.

I am pretty sure my question is 100% un-answerable , but how does a break band (repair part) for a chainsaw ( which makes it slightly safer to use) be deemed a hazard. :dizzy: Other than the chainsaw is a hazardous tool to use ( but then so is a car, axe, butter knife......)
To be honest you could just call it a 'machine part'. nobody in any customs or ebay know each part by name, would not be a problem as far as I know

Back