Don't Judge Me......Blue Max Saw Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
So yesterday I stopped at a yardsale and wound up with 8 chainsaws in varying degrees of condition. I started working my way through the saws last night starting with the cleanest saw of the bunch and just one I have never messed with before. That saw was a Blue Max. With very little work I got it running, and it appears to run strong, however, one of the bar studs is broken off. Does anybody happen to know what would work in it's place? I know a Stihl bar nut fits on the other stud, but have no idea what the threads going into the case look like, or where to get replacement parts, or equivalent ones. Any ideas?

Here is the mess I picked up at the yardsale yesterday.
user255013_pic106768_1600648200.jpg

Great haul.

My girlfriend has a Christmas gnome, about twice the height of your nutcracker. Creepy as hell, big enough and human enough that it startles the dog. She puts it up every year and it's startled me a couple times going to the bathroom at 2am. She's threatened to move it to the foot of the bed while I'm sleeping, I told her it would get double tapped and I'm not cleaning up the mess.

So yesterday I stopped at a yardsale and wound up with 8 chainsaws in varying degrees of condition. I started working my way through the saws last night starting with the cleanest saw of the bunch and just one I have never messed with before. That saw was a Blue Max. With very little work I got it running, and it appears to run strong, however, one of the bar studs is broken off. Does anybody happen to know what would work in it's place? I know a Stihl bar nut fits on the other stud, but have no idea what the threads going into the case look like, or where to get replacement parts, or equivalent ones. Any ideas?

Here is the mess I picked up at the yardsale yesterday.
View attachment 856517
Is that gray saw a top handle Craftsman? If so my dad has one he got for $5 and he uses all the time.

Quite the haul! Other than the saws, my eye is on that anvil.
BlueMax bar stud: What is the model designation on the saw? We could track down the proper part that way. Or, pull out the remaining stud and match another up to it?

Back