Dump truck load of Madrona and 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpendave

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been too busy lately with work to do much wood collection. Then got a text from an arborist who goes to our church that head had a load of madrona if I was interested (at a decent price). Finally got to test my 562XP on something substantial. Stock, not ported or MM’d. Since everyone here inspired me to get a great saw, I thought i’d Share some footage of her making some cuts. Had her for less than a year, and lightly used:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Ke9xqq21iM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice. Saw sounds good.
I am tossing around buying The 562 or the ms362. Keep hearing the 562 pulls great. But the 362 is lighter.

Been too busy lately with work to do much wood collection. Then got a text from an arborist who goes to our church that head had a load of madrona if I was interested (at a decent price). Finally got to test my 562XP on something substantial. Stock, not ported or MM’d. Since everyone here inspired me to get a great saw, I thought i’d Share some footage of her making some cuts. Had her for less than a year, and lightly used:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Ke9xqq21iM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Madrona must be a regional term, the trees you are cutting are madrone, prime stuff in our area of northern Cali! I go through 2 cords a year along with 1 or 2 cords of buckskin oak.

Had an MS362 (not the M-tonic). This
Nice. Saw sounds good.
I am tossing around buying The 562 or the ms362. Keep hearing the 562 pulls great. But the 362 is lighter.
saw cuts circles around it. Weight difference negligible. Had carb issues with 362 that could never get fixed long term. Got tired of dealing with it.

If you can’t get that size wood regularly I think the 562xp was too much saw. You might have been better off with a 550xp. Actually, if you don’t need the rev boost feature, you could have gotten the 545 (50cc) or 555 (60cc) for firewood.

If you can’t get that size wood regularly I think the 562xp was too much saw. You might have been better off with a 550xp. Actually, if you don’t need the rev boost feature, you could have gotten the 545 (50cc) or 555 (60cc) for firewood.

Time is a huge factor for me. This saw will outcut those other saws. Plus, it is not unusual to get wood up hear that will bury a 24” bar with wood to spare. But if I can run a 20” one most of the time, I like the balance.

Time is a huge factor for me. This saw will outcut those other saws. Plus, it is not unusual to get wood up hear that will bury a 24” bar with wood to spare. But if I can run a 20” one most of the time, I like the balance.
One member runs a 24 on his 562. I tried a 24 on mine and it works and oils fine, just don't stand on it. You have a nice saw, enjoy.

Back