Eager Beaver 2.0 fuel/oil cap leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrow

Reaction score
Hello, new member here, registered on this site after reading several useful threads for getting my old eager beaver 2.0 up and running (model 60012312)
The last hurdle I have is I can't find gaskets for the fuel and oil cap (same size) so they don't leak fuel and bar/chain oil. I tried cutting my own gaskets out of a few different types of material (cork, composite, fiber) and none of them were effective, it still leaked a little. I tried some different O-rings in my set but that didn't work - maybe a flat style O ring would work if someone has a part number?
Hopefully someone has run into this same problem before and managed to find a solution. Thanks!!!

Well, maybe the cap doesn't leak. I took the tank off the saw, pinched off the fuel line, and put my thumb over the fuel cap opening, turned it over and it still slowly leaked. Then it dawned on me - is there a pinhole at the top of this fuel tank to vent it? If it was sealed wouldn't it vapor lock? That would explain the leak. Or there's a crack.

Well, maybe the cap doesn't leak. I took the tank off the saw, pinched off the fuel line, and put my thumb over the fuel cap opening, turned it over and it still slowly leaked. Then it dawned on me - is there a pinhole at the top of this fuel tank to vent it? If it was sealed wouldn't it vapor lock? That would explain the leak. Or there's a crack.
Is there a rubber gasket/valve inside the cap? I have a Tanaka trimmer with a vented cap and it has a rubber valve that I assume allows vapour through but not liquid.

Latest posts

Back