Echo 300EVL air cleaner cover loosens and falls off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bshapton

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The screw that hold the air cleaner cover in place heeps loosening and falling off. So far I have not lost it but cannot risk that so want to find a solution. It appears that the threads are partially stripped on the piece inside it screws into. Parts are NLA so I need a longer screw or some other way to clamp the cover in place. has anyone else on here run into this and found a solution? This is my favorite small saw!

Another trick: try wrapping some teflon tape around the screw to "fatten" it up a bit. Outer portion of the female threads may still exist.
I've got a 290EVL I use regularly. Nice small saws.

THANKS folks for the suggestions! I may try those. If the screw were just 1/8" or so longer it would reach some healthier femail threads. Or if anyone has a parts saw with a good female thread part I would like to get it from you.

@bshapton Looks like a simple bracket. This place claims to have it for $7.54. Part #6. I have no idea how to make the link "live".
Might be able to repair the one you've got if you pull it. Doesn't look like many threads so I doubt a longer screw would help.

https://www.partsogre.com/OEMpartfinder?gclid=Cj0KCQjwr4eYBhDrARIsANPywCh6fflXmh0OiWH9l_prXRWk1C5ZwEMLneAbf8mZUdyp51lJxUzLWDQaAgEuEALw_wcB#/Echo_//_Shindaiwa/CS-300EVL/Unit_Complete/01|~00698|~478/01006980001/y
I ordered the part from them, paid by PayPal and they then informed me the part is obsolete and not available from Echo. So back to square one! Does anyone have a saw for parts? Or am I 'stuck' with duct tape?

Latest posts

Back