Echo 300EVL bar , chain questions please .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbnutt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello , new here , i have a Echo 300EVL saw i bought new in the 90,s ,has hardly never been ran , just a few limbs trimmed here and there , well taken care of , i was wandering if someone could tell me which Oregon 16 inch bar and a good cutting chain that would be better than the origanal chain that came on it , i assume its now a 14 inch , i measured from tip to where it just goes into the saw and that was 14 , if that was the correct way to measure it , Thanks , apreaciate the help :)

Hello , new here , i have a Echo 300EVL saw i bought new in the 90,s ,has hardly never been ran , just a few limbs trimmed here and there , well taken care of , i was wandering if someone could tell me which Oregon 16 inch bar and a good cutting chain that would be better than the origanal chain that came on it , i assume its now a 14 inch , i measured from tip to where it just goes into the saw and that was 14 , if that was the correct way to measure it , Thanks , apreaciate the help :)
Welcome.
A 300EVL is pretty small for a 16"bar. Curious why that's what you're looking for. And if the original bar is in as good shape as you say the saw is, why change? The bar should be marked with chain size and drivelink (DL) count.
As far as chain some info on your cutting (and experience) would be helpful.

Welcome.
A 300EVL is pretty small for a 16"bar. Curious why that's what you're looking for. And if the original bar is in as good shape as you say the saw is, why change? The bar should be marked with chain size and drivelink (DL) count.
As far as chain some info on your cutting (and experience) would be helpful.
Thanks , from what i read they were offered with 14 or 16 , no reason , just thought about going with a 16 for the heck of it in case i ever did cut something a touch bigger , honestly i just use it to trim off some limbs , or if the need comes up to cut something , i know i reaaly woundnt need the longer one , but would like to have it , the chain that came on it cuts ok , but i had read its more of a low kick back , not as good cutting chain as others ?

The low kickback chains have the cutter rounded rather than a sharp corner. It’s less grabby, so if you’re cutting clean wood in a competition, yeah they’re slower. The cutter style also does better with dirt.

For limbing and trimming, the “safety chain” is absolutely the right thing.

Cleaned it up a bunch , put a 16 inch bar and chain on , seemed to cut good.20220909_190947.jpg

Attachments

• 20220909_191134.jpg
    20220909_191134.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back