Echo-3510 help me diagnose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toppers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bizarre issue here folks, Cs-3510 on about 20 tanks always ethanol free fuel has suddenly developed a lack of oomph in the cut. Has been an excellent little saw up until this moment and I'm puzzled. Has an aftermarket Oregon bar and can see oil seeping out the hole at the tip and coming off the chain. Just bogs and feels like it ran out of power mid cut, then the bar gets hot. Chain was manually sharpened good enough, I don't think it's that. I thought it could be the gas, so tried new gas. No change. It was tuned with a muffler mod and put away in march running perfectly at 2.5 out on the H side, it's warmer now but I tried adjusting and no luck.

What could I be missing? New air filter too.

Bizarre issue here folks, Cs-3510 on about 20 tanks always ethanol free fuel has suddenly developed a lack of oomph in the cut. Has been an excellent little saw up until this moment and I'm puzzled. Has an aftermarket Oregon bar and can see oil seeping out the hole at the tip and coming off the chain. Just bogs and feels like it ran out of power mid cut, then the bar gets hot. Chain was manually sharpened good enough, I don't think it's that. I thought it could be the gas, so tried new gas. No change. It was tuned with a muffler mod and put away in march running perfectly at 2.5 out on the H side, it's warmer now but I tried adjusting and no luck.

What could I be missing? New air filter too.
If t he bar gets hot you either have insufficient oil to the bar or a dull chain. My bet is on #2.

On the chain... is it possible that you have bent one or more drive links? If the chain doesn't run smoothly through an entire rotation, that would cause a lot of heat.

I manually sharpened it and filed the rakers correctly and the problem went away, it was a sharpening issue after all. I had been using some cheesy Husqy sharpening tool (the kind you find at Tractor Supply) and it just wasn't working for me.

Back