• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • We have started a new forum dedicated to user/instruction manuals. This is a repository forum and each new thread must contain the manual the thread is about. Please read the sticky. This is a community effort so if you have a manual, please help. https://www.arboristsite.com/forums/chainsaw-equipment-manuals.170/

Sold Echo 400 EVL . $95 plus shipping.

Help Support ArboristSite:

Den

ArboristSite Guru
I finally got a chance to do something enjoyable this afternoon and fired up this Echo 400 EVL.

Runs strong, loud, and crisp... then bogs and stumbles. Pump the trigger and it recovers, rev's up nice, then stumbles and stalls.Textbook case of needing a carburetor kit installed.

Overall it's pretty clean. Rubber grip on the rear handle is nice, not torn up or anything.
Top handle is nice, and the rubber grip on it is solid and grips the aluminum handle properly, without any slipping or squishing around.
Fuel and oil caps seal perfectly and thread on smoothly... nothing cross threaded or crunchy.
Polymer hand guard is nice, sun faded a bit, but stays firmly in place without flopping around.
Air box, felt air filter, and carburetor are very clean. No need to replace the air filter.
Recoil starter works fine, clutch cover fine, foot pad on rear handle is fine.
Don't see anything broken or cracked anywhere on the saw.
The chain has some surface rust on it, but is in good condition. The teeth have plenty of life and appear evenly/uniformly sharpened.
Banana guide bar is straight, sprocket turns fine, bottom rails have some nicks/wear, but it's still usable and functional.
Guide bar studs and nuts are fine, nothing cross threaded or broken.

$95 plus shipping. USA only.

Attachments

• DSC07077.JPG
    DSC07077.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC07078.JPG
    DSC07078.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC07090.JPG
    DSC07090.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC07095.JPG
    DSC07095.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC07083.JPG
    DSC07083.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC07088.JPG
    DSC07088.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC07111.JPG
    DSC07111.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 17

Den

ArboristSite Guru
Let me know fairly quickly if you have any interest in this saw.
If it does not sell by the weekend, I'm going to order a carb kit and fuel filter next week Monday. At that point I'll have to repair it, raise the price to reflect parts and labor, and advertise locally as well as on A.S. at the higher price.
Once it has a carb kit installed and stays running, local homeowners will have more interest in it.

I figure for $95, it's worth it for a metal magnesium crankcase chainsaw. Plastic China saws are a lot more than that.

Latest posts