Echo 620p, wow!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toppers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold my Jonsered champ a few years back and really missed that 60cc+class old school feel of a torque monster that can drive a long bar when needed.

Have a 261CM which is great but 20” limitation and doesn’t fill that big saw “void”.

After careful reading of arborsite reviews I thought this saw “might” fill that void. The 7310 I checked out at the dealer was just too heavy for me.

Well got this thing for $569 delivered (plug to awesome place called Safford Equiment that ships these free, no I’m not affiliated).

Well let me say I am floored by the power and torque out of the box, this thing has some authority and doesn’t want me longing for anything bigger / stronger. Is this thing for real!?

Attachments

• 9450828B-9C46-4308-91BC-214278895DBF.jpeg
    9450828B-9C46-4308-91BC-214278895DBF.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 11
Have you all noticed yours seems to be tuned just right from factory? Mine seems perfect, so much I'm not sure I want to muffler mod and pull restrictors to retune.

Sold my Jonsered champ a few years back and really missed that 60cc+class old school feel of a torque monster that can drive a long bar when needed.

Have a 261CM which is great but 20” limitation and doesn’t fill that big saw “void”.

After careful reading of arborsite reviews I thought this saw “might” fill that void. The 7310 I checked out at the dealer was just too heavy for me.

Well got this thing for $569 delivered (plug to awesome place called Safford Equiment that ships these free, no I’m not affiliated).

Well let me say I am floored by the power and torque out of the box, this thing has some authority and doesn’t want me longing for anything bigger / stronger. Is this thing for real!?

IDK, watched the video and am skeptical - send me your 620p and I'll run it next to my muff mod 590 and stock 7310p.
Your 620p will also get a free cleaning, we will free up the carb, muff mod and then we'll send it back to you after the 30 Day Free Trial Offer .

PS - Chain will be sharpened and ready to go as well.

IDK, watched the video and am skeptical - send me your 620p and I'll run it next to my muff mod 590 and stock 7310p.
Your 620p will also get a free cleaning, we will free up the carb, muff mod and then we'll send it back to you after the 30 Day Free Trial Offer .

PS - Chain will be sharpened and ready to go as well.
Did I miss something? watched what video? skeptical about...?

I've had one for about 2 weeks now. it is a nice saw . It is a lot better than my old Stihl 026. My 026 has not been right for a long time. Always seemed a few short of a 6 pack in power. My 034 that is now 30 yrs. old is a lot more saw. It is not more saw than my ECHO 620p . However, it is 10% smaller engine and the chain loop is not really sharp neither and would do better with a new chain . The ECHO 620p is not near the grunt of my Stihl 441 though neither , but the 441 in is 18% ? bigger . I like all my saw except the 026. After having it a few months I wished I spent another $100 and got another 034. Several things about all m saws. They all cut very well if the chain is sharpened right. My 034 seems to have a lot of torque and does not bog down easily. I retuned it for the 1st time since I had it cause it 4 stroked when cutting hard I always thought it was supposed to do that. so I leaned it 1/4 turn and it seemed to have more speed and cut better yet. My ECHO 620 is a much different saw . First of all, it came with a very sharp chain, even sharper than the Stihl chains when new. Everyone the 620 has a lot of torque. I dont really see that . It does best without the use of using the spikes. It seems to deepend on the higher RPM's, perhaps cause it only has 2 tanks through it. My 441 , it just goes like crazy, so crazy that I actually like a smaller saw. The is one reason I bought the 620, a bit smaller and just between my 2 saws. I did a cut on some ash. My 034 took about 20 seconds , but , it has a chain that is not that sharp , and wont be real sharp cause I filed some of the cutters poorly. So , 20 seconds , then 15 seconds for the 620, and 11 or 12 seconds for the 441. I'm not surprised by the numbers, and really dont care. If I wanted faster, there is a Stihl 661 and a 395 XP if I need to grow a 3rd nut. The Echo is just another saw. It is much more reasonably priced than Stihl 362, but the 362 has a very good air filter and uses less gas. The ECHO uses more gas than my 441. Not sure I care and may cost me 5 bucks a year. The Stihl also has a better bar. I never wore out a Stihl bar, but many here have said Echo bars seem to wear out sooner. ECHO and Oregon bars, that I saw today are made in China. I kind of wish I just put out the $250 more and got a Stihl 362, but we will find out in 10 yrs. if I made the right decision. The Echo is also a slightly clumsier saw, not that I car though.

Wait until you get 10- 15 tanks through it and then retune and muff mod it. Every echo saw I have had takes at least ten tanks and tune up before it’s awoke. Your 441 will still cut faster but I think you’ll like your 620.If you want to put a stihl bar on it buy a stihl to d176 adapter. My 590 runs a 20 inch stihl es bar happily.

I like my cs 590 so much I’m looking to sell my dolkita 6100 and get a new 590 or 620 to replace it. The 6100 is a fast saw in the cut but I like the way my 590 pulls through a log much better. The 6100 also has weird ergonomics for my taste, it’d help if it had a large mount husky bar as well symmetrical bucking dogs. When you lean into the saw it twists a bit if your chain isn’t sharp enough. My 590 has good balance and feels great when you need to lean into it a bit. If I can I’m going to get my next 590/620 in Shindaiwa red, maybe I’ll paint the starter cover black to match my old 695 :rock:

Oh and a little grease or an o ring around the air filter seal should help. My 590 gets a few fines through but overall it does a good job filtering.

Back