Echo 620pw or the new 7310???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking at expanding my echo collection and debating on the 620 or 7310. I see that the 620 is a few hundred bucks cheaper which would allow me to buy an extra bar and alot of chain. Would like to be able to run a 28-36" bar occasionally. Fwiw just a saw aficionado that enjoys felling and cutting firewood and clear cutting for food plots. I was reading that the 620pw is a real nice saw for its size. Max tree size is probly 36"ish. Any bigger than its a pain to move ans split. Mostly oak popple maple is what I cut and dead ash. Thanks fellas!

Is it true that it has the same oiler as the 590? I'm not impressed with the 590s oiler compared to my 400s those 400s throw oil like crazy. Can't get the 590 to throw much oil. And I cut alot of hard oak and dead ash. Also thanks for the information I'm waiting on a echo days at my dealer.

Is it true that it has the same oiler as the 590? I'm not impressed with the 590s oiler compared to my 400s those 400s throw oil like crazy. Can't get the 590 to throw much oil. And I cut alot of hard oak and dead ash. Also thanks for the information I'm waiting on a echo days at my dealer.
Good question, my 620 is able to puke oil if needed. I'm not sure if it's different or not.

I own them both, the 620 is a powerhouse, does everything I ask of it. I’ve got a 20” bar for hardwood and a 27” for softwood. Pulls them both fine. The 7310 has excellent air filtration, it wears a 24”, good power, touch on the heavy side, overall I like them both, but if I was just gonna buy one I would probably grab a 620.

I own them both, the 620 is a powerhouse, does everything I ask of it. I’ve got a 20” bar for hardwood and a 27” for softwood. Pulls them both fine. The 7310 has excellent air filtration, it wears a 24”, good power, touch on the heavy side, overall I like them both, but if I was just gonna buy one I would probably grab a 620.
This!!!👌

Check the oiler holes on your bar. I bought a new Dolmar once that when the bar was turned over it wasn't oiling. Turned out the oiler hole was painted shut at the factory.

Latest posts

Back