Echo 620pw or the new 7310???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did, ms460 cylinder, ms660 3/4 wrap, 660 felling dogs, 440 max flow air filter, stock carb bored, 460 intake boot, husky decomp, stihl bar nuts as well as bar adapter, stihl d handle
I might have gone with the blank Maxflow plate as opposed to a cover, but that looks like a pretty slick setup. I’m kinda curious, why didn’t you buy an OEM Echo wrap?

I would get the 7310, without thinking twice, it weighs about what a 372xp does, and nobody complains about that. The AV is very good and it has the best filter on the market, and exceptional build quility. The power while not class leading is more than adequate, and more torque than the 620.

I would get the 7310, without thinking twice, it weighs about what a 372xp does, and nobody complains about that. The AV is very good and it has the best filter on the market, and exceptional build quility. The power while not class leading is more than adequate, and more torque than the 620, the 7910 will pull a 32" bar if needed in hardwood.

590-620 is a great platform.

Probably the better option even if you never decide to go full hybrid.

Ported 620 will make more power than a stock 7310.

Just have to decide on bar mount and air filtration. But some of the foam filters for the 590-620 seem to do a good job.

I'm not sure on the oilers either.

Just having a 70+cc saw in the rotation always sounds good, (mid life crisis saw!) But I keep hearing the 620 is a slick saw for the $ and size. Anyone in michigan who does saw work? Looking to get my oldest cs 400 MM and ported. It's out of warranty now :rock:and right now my 590s I have wear 24" oregon power care bars and larger dog spikes. That Makita/dolmar 7900 is always in the back of my mind.

Just have to decide on bar mount and air filtration. But some of the foam filters for the 590-620 seem to do a good job.

So thats a ported 620? That thing is ripping like a mofo thru those logs!!!!

Hahaha red97 they should of never let you out of the insane asylum!!! That video is awesome!!! Who in the hell dreams this stuff up??? Red97 thats who! I got a good manicial laugh to start the day enough so that wife had to leave the room concerned for my mental well being!!!

Hahaha red97 they should of never let you out of the insane asylum!!! That video is awesome!!! Who in the hell dreams this stuff up??? Red97 thats who! I got a good manicial laugh to start the day enough so that wife had to leave the room concerned for my mental well being!!!
Lol, glad you liked the video.

@lauren built a very nice hybrid too. 79cc. His was actually the first stihl hybrid, while I was building the all echo hybrid

@Red97 any idea on the oilers in these.
I've never even ran a 590 or a 620 lol.
We run a 24" bar on a 590 and with the oiler set wide open we've not had any oiling issues. Oil hole in the bar clogged once while sawing but as you know that's an easy fix, operator fault not the saws.

Anyone in michigan who does saw work?
The guy you are talking to does porting, and he's in michigan ;).

That Makita/dolmar 7900 is always in the back of my mind.
I have two nice 7910's I'll be listing soon :p.

Nice work Joe.
What did you ever do to that beat up 661.
Started my pole barn, so the ported 2511wes will have to wait a bit; bummer about the saw, but pleased about the barn :).

The guy you are talking to does porting, and he's in michigan ;).

I have two nice 7910's I'll be listing soon :p.

Nice work Joe.
What did you ever do to that beat up 661.
Started my pole barn, so the ported 2511wes will have to wait a bit; bummer about the saw, but pleased about the barn :).
Ported and sold the 661, says it's a real good runner.

Have to make sure to subscribe to my new channel here so you can keep up with the fun.

So chipper1 or red97 is the port guru? Any idea on the dolmar asking prices? I think I somehow contracted chainsaw fever in the last few days:laugh::dizzy: the wife says I need help! and she doesn't think Santa can shimmy down the chimney while carrying a saw. BTW I'm in genessee county for all you michiganders

Latest posts

Back