Echo Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeforjc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Who makes factory Echo chainsaw chain?
I have a CS-4910 with an 18” bar, it has a .325 .050 full chisel chain on it.
I asked for a spare chain and the shop gave me a Stihl 23 Pro full chisel chain.

Just wondering who makes the chains for Echo.

Oregon seems to provide Oregon chain in Oregon packaging. At least in the box with a new saw. The bars are labeled Echo. 20bpx is what Echo documents show for that model for the USA market.
Yes, usually Oregon. I’m pretty sure the bars are rebranded Oregon as well.

This Echo's answer to that question.

Can I use any chain on my ECHO chain saw?​

Answer ID 1265 | Published 10/29/2010 11:30 AM | Updated 08/13/2020 12:28 AM
Can I use any chain on my ECHO chain saw?
ECHO chain saws ship standard with Oregon bar and chains. It is very important to only use chains recommended for your model. The chain must have the proper gauge, pitch and drive link count in order to be used on the equipment.
Pitch - Is the distance between rivets and defines the size of the chain.
Gauge - Is the chain thickness that fits into the guide bar groove.
Drive Link Count - Is the total number of links on a chain. Chains do not have the same drive link count even if the chain is the same size.
ECHO recommends using only Oregon bars and chains listed for your model. To find out more about bars and chains offered by model number, please search our FAQ's and enter your model number in the "Keyword" box or contact your nearest servicing ECHO dealer for accessories.

You can use whatever chain you like as long as the pitch, gauge and drive link count match the bar and drive sprocket. This info is usually stamped on the bar. Just be aware that on smaller saws there is 3/8 LP(low profile)

For the 4910 you can use any chain that is .325 pitch, .050 gauge and matches the drive link count stamped on your bar.

The Oregon part number is typically printed on the Echo package with a couple extra letters. Like 91PX62CQ Echo number is really Oregon 91PX062. Husqvarna did the same such as H30 for the Husqvarna number and beside it (95VP) is the Oregon number. Husqvarna started making some of their own chains but Oregon has even been involved with some of that.

The Oregon part number is typically printed on the Echo package with a couple extra letters. Like 91PX62CQ Echo number is really Oregon 91PX062. Husqvarna did the same such as H30 for the Husqvarna number and beside it (95VP) is the Oregon number. Husqvarna started making some of their own chains but Oregon has even been involved with some of that.
That’s cool to know. I’m actually using a X-Cut chain with the Husqvarna symbol stamped into the drive links. I’m really liking this chain too. But I also really love the Oregon POWERCUT chains.

Who makes factory Echo chainsaw chain?
I have a CS-4910 with an 18” bar, it has a .325 .050 full chisel chain on it.
I asked for a spare chain and the shop gave me a Stihl 23 Pro full chisel chain.

Just wondering who makes the chains for Echo.
The OEM chain on my 352 was adequate for learning how to fell an occasional tree. After wearing out the OEM Echo chain. I went to full chisel Oregon and never looked back. It’s Oregon for me.
D

Latest posts

Back