Echo Chainsaw Horsepower Data Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmoran

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is there a resource for Echo chainsaws that shows the horsepower for US models? Everything I find only shows the displacement. The international site has Horsepower, but only a few models line up with the US saws. It's hard to look at the power to weight ratio with only half of the equation.

Is there a resource for Echo chainsaws that shows the horsepower for US models? Everything I find only shows the displacement. The international site has Horsepower, but only a few models line up with the US saws. It's hard to look at the power to weight ratio with only half of the equation.
what model in particular are you asking about?

Sorry for the long list. Looking at the larger saws. Any info would help me greatly.
CS-400
CS-4510
CS-4910
CS-501P
CS-590
CS-620P/PW
CS-680
CS-7310P/PW
CS-352

CS-400
CS-4510
CS-4910
CS-501P
CS-590 = 3.9hp
CS-620P/PW = 4.5hp
CS-680
CS-7310P/PW = 5.5hp not %100 on this one
CS-352

just the ones I knew off the top of my head

Hey Paul, in your signature it says you have a 562XP and an Echo 601. How do these saws compare against each other and which do you like more?

My neighbor just traded in his 601 echo for a 562xp. There is no comparison imo. The 601 was a good and reliable saw, he used it for many years, but not nearly as much power as a 562xp.

My neighbor just traded in his 601 echo for a 562xp. There is no comparison imo. The 601 was a good and reliable saw, he used it for many years, but not nearly as much power as a 562xp.
562xp is a great saw, I have/had both the CS620p and the 562xp and just sold the 562xp to my neighbor to keep the 620... it pulled harder and had better low end grunt. Also loved the 13,500 rpm it makes. I will say its a little over a half pound heavier... not a big deal for me. IMHO

In my findings and use the 620 pulled harder... But again just my experience. I've had both for a while and always gravitate towards the 620. It's a sweet 60cc saw, built better than the husky IMO. NOT saying the 562 isn't built well by any means. But out of all my saws (though not many) if I had to keep only one it would be the 620 probably...

Echo has a few "home-runs" in their line-up, a few that are just "OK" and a few "turds" as well. I've not ran some of the newer models on your list, like the 4510, 4910 and 7310 so can't comment there.

Pound for pound a CS-510 is difficult to beat in the 49-50cc range and don't be fooled by it being a "clamshell" design, those are very strong runners and dead solid reliable in long term service.

All of the reed-valve top and rear handle saws are pretty much "turds", but decent grunt and pretty reliable.

The CS-355T is a really nice unit.

The CS-370/400's are excellent mid-range saws with plenty of '"grunt" for the cc's, and also very well built and rock solid in long term service. My CS-370's are my "go-to" saws here for small jobs around the properties.

The CS-670's are just OK, the CS-800 is far from a "professional" model. I guess they have decent potential "ported" but in stock form lackluster for upper mid-range and top end power. If you own a Husqvarna 268XP/272XP/372XP you'll NEVER find yourself reaching for either of the Echo's.

The CS-590, 600P and 620P's are excellent. They have a broad/smooth/flat power curve and pull hard at higher RPM's combined with plenty of "grunt". This allows them to manage larger bars with decent authority for 60cc saws. They will also not clog up so you can cross-cut/noodle large pieces into smaller ones to manage them to the splitter. Below are pics of a HUGE Maple and Beach tree that I whittled down to size with my CS-590, making dozens of cross-cuts to get the huge pieces manageable.....it never grumbled once..........Cliff
Maple.JPGIMG_1177.jpg

Echo has a few "home-runs" in their line-up, a few that are just "OK" and a few "turds" as well. I've not ran some of the newer models on your list, like the 4510, 4910 and 7310 so can't comment there.

Pound for pound a CS-510 is difficult to beat in the 49-50cc range and don't be fooled by it being a "clamshell" design, those are very strong runners and dead solid reliable in long term service.

All of the reed-valve top and rear handle saws are pretty much "turds", but decent grunt and pretty reliable.

The CS-355T is a really nice unit.

The CS-370/400's are excellent mid-range saws with plenty of '"grunt" for the cc's, and also very well built and rock solid in long term service. My CS-370's are my "go-to" saws here for small jobs around the properties.

The CS-670's are just OK, the CS-800 is far from a "professional" model. I guess they have decent potential "ported" but in stock form lackluster for upper mid-range and top end power. If you own a Husqvarna 268XP/272XP/372XP you'll NEVER find yourself reaching for either of the Echo's.

The CS-590, 600P and 620P's are excellent. They have a broad/smooth/flat power curve and pull hard at higher RPM's combined with plenty of "grunt". This allows them to manage larger bars with decent authority for 60cc saws. They will also not clog up so you can cross-cut/noodle large pieces into smaller ones to manage them to the splitter. Below are pics of a HUGE Maple and Beach tree that I whittled down to size with my CS-590, making dozens of cross-cuts to get the huge pieces manageable.....it never grumbled once..........Cliff
View attachment 930621View attachment 930622
Well said, Cliff!!

Back