Echo Chainsaw Horsepower Data Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. I was under the impression that they were, as Tinman mentioned that in his 590 video. Do I stand corrected? I can take that.
They are in fact not the same jug and piston. Separate part numbers. I believe the port work is different on the two. 620 piston has 2 rings. For more info, I'd look into DynoJoe's vids on YT.

Going from memory here as I haven't been in the IPL's for the CS-590, 600P and 620P they have different P/C's. Early 600P's also have a different P/C than the 590's. At some point in the production run they started using the same P/C for both.

The 620P/PW's have always used a different P/C, crank, coil, carb and muffler from what I can remember.

I have a very early 600P and it uses a different coil than the 590 (limited coil) and the later 620's. It's unlimited from what I can tell but not the same coil as the 620's.

A few years ago I outfitted my 600P with a 620P carburetor. Can't really tell if it helped much but it wasn't much more than a replacement 600P carb so why not put the larger carb on it.

Since I own all three, the 590, 600 and 620 I can tell anyone reading this that the 600 and 620 have more power, but it really isn't noticeable unless you put a 24 or 27" bar on them and start bucking up some pretty decent size logs. In the smaller tops left over from logging operations that I typically cut here they all do just fine and in most cases you have to look down to see which one you are running as they are very close in cutting performance......FWIW......

Latest posts

Back