Echo Chainsaws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulameendude

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guy's...A neighbor of mine...an old guy in his 80's gave me two Echo saws early last year, that he said he hasn't used in years...like 10 or more years. I took them home, cleaned the carbs and put fresh fuel in them. These saws run GREAT! They sound good and strong...My question is ...does anyone know anything about an Echo CS 602VL or an Echo CS 500VL? Just asking to see what I have here. I am quite happy with the saws I have and use all the time (all listed below), and I did acquire these Echo saws quite a while ago...just thought I would ask around. They will probably wined up as shelf queens anyway.
Thanks in advance fellas.

They are good, solid saws. Not speed demons by any means, but they got the torque to back it up. Only issues I've seen on those older models is the rubber never really seemed to hold up. Especially fuel lines. If you don't run rec/non ethanol fuel i strongly suggest using it. Its just flat out better and does not eat the rubber components like the new crap you get out of the pump these days.

got 2 of the 650's here---- NO starter pauls to be had for them!!! Dont think they can be fabed up but no new OR used ones to be had. I think they were the problem child from the go on 650's. anyway I'm done messin with them so they sit under the bench collecting dirt in the shed!

I haven't run my CS-670 for quite a while, but it always starts and has plenty of power whenever I do run it. I have a 28" bar on it now:
1656791572705.jpeg
I like this saw and made a bar adapter in my shop for it so that I could mount Stihl bars on it.

Back