Echo CS-2511P Questions (again)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhendric

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Guys, I've read many of the articles here and watched many of the youtube videos on the 2511. It seems that a ton of people suggest the muffler mod, removing the limiter on the carb, and advancing the timing. I'm comfortable with doing the muffler mod and removing the limiter. I'm less confident in advancing the timing, seems like that is broken if you do too much filing. I'm picking up my 2511 today and I'm wondering if I should mess with it at all. I could only get it with a 14" bar which is disappointing, I'd prefer a 10, which I'm sure I'll buy when I pick it up. What are your thoughts on modifying it at all? This saw will be for the endless job I have of cutting up limbs which are rarely over 6". I have big saws for other stuff.

Where are you located? Also with just the muffler mod and carb tuned you will most likely be Happy with the 2511 esp with only cutting smaller stuff I’ve used them with and without timing adjustment and you will be happy either way

Hey Guys, yes the saw was purchased from a servicing dealer. I live in Central NC.

Do you think doing the muffler mod is worth it? It seems if you watch any of the youtubes on it doing the muffler mod is a given. Seeme counter intuitive to drill into a brand new saw.

Hey Guys, yes the saw was purchased from a servicing dealer. I live in Central NC.

Do you think doing the muffler mod is worth it? It seems if you watch any of the youtubes on it doing the muffler mod is a given. Seeme counter intuitive to drill into a brand new saw.

Well, I was going to say, if buying new from a dealer, I'd ask them to adjust the carb before you took delivery.

Also, if I were you, I'd hold off on mods and buying a shorter bar. Just run it a while, after a correct carb adjustment. Make any changes or additions later.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely run a few tanks of gas through it before I change anything. One tank down at this point.

You might keep in mind that messing with the muffler and limiters will probably mess with your warranty.

It sure looks like a cool little saw!
For sure, I asked my dealer if mods will void warranty, he was blank for a bit and I answered for him..."probably" he agreed.

Back