Echo cs 310 anyone run one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys an old guy I know is looking at the echo cs 310 since it's small and lightweight. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this model saw? Thanks!

I had a cs-352 which is the same saw with 4cc more displacement.
Good little saw but even better is the cs-361p which is even lighter and has even more power.
I sold my cs-352 to buy the cs-361p

What size wood is he planning on cutting?

Echo updated the 310/352 into the cs-3510.
Echo states that it has improved power over the previous cs-352.

If anyone needs a parts saw I have a New CS-352 that is a complete power head/body but needs the following:
Drum, Drum Bearing, Clutch Cover and Bar & Chain

$80

At sepw thats $59 in parts, I'd buy it if I didn't have 4 or 5 already. Steve
Currently running: Echo cs-361p , Makita 401 , MS201 in this CC range
Looking to buy another cs-501p
or I may complete the saw for my son(16) so he stays away from other saws.

I've never ran a cs310, but my cs3510 is my favorite small saw.... for comparison, other small saws I have are; ms180, husky 440, & 435, cs400 and ms250.

3510 vs 440 vs ms250 = which one would you choose over the other and why

3510 vs 440 vs ms250 = which one would you choose over the other and why
I like the 3510 because it's super light weight, reasonably smooth with good av, and it starts great every time, I also like the switch because it's always "on" when I grab the saw, it's my favorite saw for really small stuff (like under 2") or overhead cutting.
We have about a million little cedars on our place, that are under 5" on the stump, and have about a thousand little tiny limbs, (average of about 1/2" -3/4"), and the 3510 is perfect for that type of work.

The 440 is a couple pounds heavier, but has quite a bit more power, lots of speed, handles great, has a good switch, but is stinking cold blooded, and don't start worth a dang, it also don't start well after I run it out of gas.
After worm up, I really like the 440 for dismantling big ugly oaks, till the wood is up to about 8 or 10 inches, then it gets a bit slow for my liking.

The ms250 always starts, no matter what!
It doesn't handle as well as the husky, but not bad at all, it also has way more torque that either of the others, it's the saw I want when I'm going to be starting/stopping it frequently, because it's always a 1-pull starter after it's even slightly wormed up,
I really like it at the sawmill for quick grab-a saw-and-whack-this-board-off duty.

Very happy with mine, owned 2 of them, both always started easy, always ran great! Ditch the safety chain that comes with it and put a decent chain on it. It’s my favorite small saw to grab
Since you have both saws - 620p vs 262xp - Who wins?

Sold my 262, never really ran them head to head, I can’t say I remember one or the other being faster, I liked them both.
I bought your 262, thanks!
Tested them side by side the other day in 18" white oak, the 620p was 10 seconds, and the 262xp was 11.5
I like them both as well, but the echo is defiantly a more solidly built machine, imo.

Back