Echo CS-3510 or CS-400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I had to tune mine because out of the box it wouldn't idle. Started just fine in high idle or half choke but just wouldn't idle. Got that working and it ran fine. I eventually pulled the limiters and tuned it ever so slightly fatter like a 1/16th more turn or less. To me (my opinion)it seems to have just a tad more umph when cutting say 5 to 8 inch wood and it runs cooler when it's hogging on several 8ish inch cuts of wood than it did. My ms250 responded even better to fatting up the high side. It had a nice medium brown color on the spark plug and would limb like crazy and cut 10 inches and under very well for a 45 cc but it was my main firewood saw I needed to cut a 20 inch red oak and it was struggling and got very hot. So in a pinch I decided to fatten it up and man it ran soo much cooler in that 20 inch oak. I did loose a bit of my high rpms 4 strokes sooner, but it ran so much cooler and the spark plug is now almost to dark. It's not wet but it's not what I'd call brown. It's had no problems in the last oh I think it's been 10 years now since I bought it. Both are very nice lightweight saws the 3510 two pounds lighter.

Depends on how small your smaller projects actually are. I have a CS 361P, but spend more time using my CS2511T because I cut lots of 5" and under stems and girdle larger trees doing forest improvement projects. If you need the larger option, consider the CS4910. Barely heavier than the CS400 but 25% bigger engine. Then you may not need the MS291any more.
Another vote for the Echo cs-4910.

Latest posts

Back