Echo CS 3510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a cs-3510 from a liquidator. All sales Final. The owner said it just came in on a pallet. The saw came complete, with box, owners manual. colored fuel, oil and wood chips in the clutch cover. I suspect it was a returned "free rental" from a box store. I dumped out the fuel, put in fresh non-ethyl gas/oil. The saw fired up after a few pulls and ran fine.. I noticed one thing that disappointed me. Emissions compliance period: 50 hrs. Walbro carb. I thought ALL Echos had a 300 hr compliance period like my cs-490 ?

I asked the same question when I got mine. I wouldn't worry about it too much its gonna last way longer than 50hours it's not an inferior chainsaw compared to the cs352 just EPA tightening. It is a good lightweight saw. I fell with my bigger saw and cut the main trunk but when I get to the limbs I use the nimble 3510.

I just bought a cs-3510 from a liquidator. All sales Final. The owner said it just came in on a pallet. The saw came complete, with box, owners manual. colored fuel, oil and wood chips in the clutch cover. I suspect it was a returned "free rental" from a box store. I dumped out the fuel, put in fresh non-ethyl gas/oil. The saw fired up after a few pulls and ran fine.. I noticed one thing that disappointed me. Emissions compliance period: 50 hrs. Walbro carb. I thought ALL Echos had a 300 hr compliance period like my cs-490 ?
It’s also a claim thing. The manufacturer can claim lower hour category and save on testing which results in lower development expenses.
It is still built to the same standards as all other models - the manufacturing machinery, materials, checking procedures remain the same for all lineup.
Won’t be any bit worse than 352 but still is lighter, more powerful and spills less oil on the floor :)

50 hours for Emissions compliance has nothing to do with the useful life of the saw.

It’s also a claim thing. The manufacturer can claim lower hour category and save on testing which results in lower development expenses.
It is still built to the same standards as all other models - the manufacturing machinery, materials, checking procedures remain the same for all lineup.
Won’t be any bit worse than 352 but still is lighter, more powerful and spills less oil on the floor :)
I've got a cs352 and really like it. The ONLY bad thing is before I had used it 10 times or so the factory chain jumped off and broke the plastic chain catcher. My dealership wanted over 30 bucks and warranty didn't cover it. I ended up ordering a side plate around 15 bucks. While in brush it doesn't happen often but a couple times a year something will get caught and cause a chain to jump. It only broke that one time and may have been defective BUT I like Metal chain catches. I've not looked at the cs3510 but im told the chain catcher is more like the cs490. Can anyone verify that? Also is the air intake changed? I seldom get to town and have not seen the cs3510. I don't like the cs 310. Is Echo taking the cs310 and cs352 off the market? A friend of mine just asked about a light chainsaw and I recommend the cs352. Should he buy the cs3510 and is the cs352 now obsolete? Thanks in advance.

I've got a cs352 and really like it. The ONLY bad thing is before I had used it 10 times or so the factory chain jumped off and broke the plastic chain catcher. My dealership wanted over 30 bucks and warranty didn't cover it. I ended up ordering a side plate around 15 bucks. While in brush it doesn't happen often but a couple times a year something will get caught and cause a chain to jump. It only broke that one time and may have been defective BUT I like Metal chain catches. I've not looked at the cs3510 but im told the chain catcher is more like the cs490. Can anyone verify that? Also is the air intake changed? I seldom get to town and have not seen the cs3510. I don't like the cs 310. Is Echo taking the cs310 and cs352 off the market? A friend of mine just asked about a light chainsaw and I recommend the cs352. Should he buy the cs3510 and is the cs352 now obsolete? Thanks in advance.
Those 3/8 chains stretch quite a bit when new. And once they stretch - they loosen up. This is when derailing happens.
As for 3510 - yes, it has fully professional rotary chain catcher. In case of derailing it barelly damages the chain (unlike metal ones) and lasts longer itself.
3510 has replaced 352 which is not produced anymore.
Everything about it is different - more power, quicker acceleration, lower weight, two-way oil tank breather, 2-stage air pre-cleaning system, translucent oil/fuel tanks…

Those 3/8 chains stretch quite a bit when new. And once they stretch - they loosen up. This is when derailing happens.
As for 3510 - yes, it has fully professional rotary chain catcher. In case of derailing it barelly damages the chain (unlike metal ones) and lasts longer itself.
3510 has replaced 352 which is not produced anymore.
Everything about it is different - more power, quicker acceleration, lower weight, two-way oil tank breather, 2-stage air pre-cleaning system, translucent oil/fuel tanks…
Thanks, now I wish id have gotten one of those. However, my 352 has been going good for years. It's a handy little thing It'll out last me. Ha. Ha.

My 352 takes a little longer to warm up since I removed the cat, but it's not really a problem. It's a good running handy little light weight saw. The only thing I really don't like about it is the wimpy little plastic spikes.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

My 352 takes a little longer to warm up since I removed the cat, but it's not really a problem. It's a good running handy little light weight saw. The only thing I really don't like about it is the wimpy little plastic spikes.

You can always fit the metal ones. The saw has the same fitting pattern with other small Echoes.

I have never seen any spikes for it and there are no mounting holes for one. I doubt there is enough meat in the plastic one to drill holes.

Regular Echo bumper spikes (sorry, forgot the p/n). The holes are already there pre-drilled. Takes 2 standard Echo self-tapping screws.

Attachments

• B40A86F2-C0BE-4EB1-88A0-360AB1C0F817.jpeg
    B40A86F2-C0BE-4EB1-88A0-360AB1C0F817.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 31
I have never seen any spikes for it and there are no mounting holes for one. I doubt there is enough meat in the plastic one to drill holes.

A metal bumper spike is available for the CS-3510. You have to order it from your Echo dealer.

There is absolutely no need for spikes on a 35cc saw with a sharp chain. If you think you need them quit running dull chains ,it's hard on everything. Steve
Hey, Steve,, how's it going.. My 352 is my most used saw..I've never needed spikes BUT as you may remember the dealer gave me a problem when the plastic chain catcher snapped off almost immediately..I super glued it back on and ordered a new side plate..Before the new side plate arrived I also hot plastic welded the chain catcher and So far have not had one problem what so ever. In fact the new side plate is STILL not used..It's hanging in my shop..Just in case..I do like the metal chain catchers BUT so far,, my guess is my saw had a fractured one on the side plate from the factory. Just one of those things. My dealer shot himself in the foot by not at the least providing me with a new side plate.. Sadly,, I've not been able to recommend him anymore..BUT,, I stand by Echo..The 352 is a simple little saw for small stuff and since I trail ride it goes with Daddy everywhere..At almost 75, i'm still cutting fire wood.. Today I was digging fence post's using the old type of diggers..Plunge into the earth and pull dirt out..I smiled and said, thank you GOD.. While other men are old at 75 danged if I don't keep going strong..The farm seems to be getting bigger, The Kubota older and needs more up keep but there's no doubt my Echo saws will be passed on and still be running.. Be blessed,,

Nice. My 352 doesn't have the mounting holes like the 3510. I will look at it next time I have it out to see if there is anyway possible to rig something up. I have a couple small Husqvarna spikes that I can experiment with it I ever get the time.

Back