• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell ECHO CS-490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honestcharlie56

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a pretty new Echo CS-490 I would like to sell. I bought it new at our local echo dealer. Its a great little saw, super easy to start and run (really easy on the back). I've gutted the muffler, if memory serves there wasn't much to gut though. pulled the limiters of the carb. Brand new out of the box this saw ran super super lean. I didn't run the saw a whole tank before richening it up. The last tree I cut did actually put the bar in a bind and bent it, that is when I decided to let it go. The exhaust deflector (not sure of name) also came loose at one point and burnt the plastic around the chain brake alittle bit, so the chain brake isn't working. I'll get some pictures uploaded soon. I'm trying to be as transparent as I can be about the saw, not looking to surprise anyone! That being said, I don't think I've put 10 tanks through this saw. I paid 349 brand new at the dealer and am asking 250 plus the ride. Please feel free to let me know if I'm out of line.

I have a pretty new Echo CS-490 I would like to sell. I bought it new at our local echo dealer. Its a great little saw, super easy to start and run (really easy on the back). I've gutted the muffler, if memory serves there wasn't much to gut though. pulled the limiters of the carb. Brand new out of the box this saw ran super super lean. I didn't run the saw a whole tank before richening it up. The last tree I cut did actually put the bar in a bind and bent it, that is when I decided to let it go. The exhaust deflector (not sure of name) also came loose at one point and burnt the plastic around the chain brake alittle bit, so the chain brake isn't working. I'll get some pictures uploaded soon. I'm trying to be as transparent as I can be about the saw, not looking to surprise anyone! That being said, I don't think I've put 10 tanks through this saw. I paid 349 brand new at the dealer and am asking 250 plus the ride. Please feel free to let me know if I'm out of line.
Welcome. With the Echo Customer Appreciation Sales coming up at dealers that saw will sell at the sale for $275 new. Just informing you.

Back