Echo CS-4920

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, I have CS-4910 I like it, starts good, cuts good. My question is; Does anyone know of a better quality air filter? OEM or aftermarket? Seams to plug up fast in dusty conditions. Thank you.
There is an aftermarket filter kit on Ebay that uses a CS-400 paper filter. It includes a high top cover. I haven't had any problems with the original filter.

I have an Echo CS-4910 and am very happy with it. I like the simplicity and it always starts easily. I now see they have replaced that model with the CS-4920. Looks to pickup some features from their other newer saws... Maybe the 4910 was just a short-term gap filler? I now see they gone to a stratified engine, added a purge bulb, a bit more weight, etc... Anyone have experience with this model??
I purchased a new cs 4920 and I can’t start the silly thing cold! I take it to the dealer and they take it in the back and say I flooded it? After warmup it starts fine. Any advise?
[email protected]

I purchased a new cs 4920 and I can’t start the silly thing cold! I take it to the dealer and they take it in the back and say I flooded it? After warmup it starts fine. Any advise?
[email protected]
It's a strato, so best of luck. Stratos are full of demons. Try to get rid of it and find a 4910. Our Orsheln and Home Depot still have some 4910s.

"The older cs510, 520, and 530 are clamshell. They have way more power than a 490. That's with muffler modded."

Those are the "sleepers" in the Echo line-up. If you run a CS-510 then pick up a CS-490 and make some cuts with it, you'll throw the 490 in the nearest dumpster on the way home, they aren't even in the same league when it comes to power and cutting speed......FWIW.......

See if you can do a quick muffler mod. Some echos have a tube baffle screwed on behind the deflector. Some of these new saws are so quiet that you can’t hear the initial pop on the choke so you keep pulling it and it ends up flooded. Opening the muffler a little bit allows you to hear the initial pop.

"The older cs510, 520, and 530 are clamshell. They have way more power than a 490. That's with muffler modded."

Those are the "sleepers" in the Echo line-up. If you run a CS-510 then pick up a CS-490 and make some cuts with it, you'll throw the 490 in the nearest dumpster on the way home, they aren't even in the same league when it comes to power and cutting speed......FWIW.......
Those old Echos were metal clamshells too which is quite a rare thing, even 10 years ago. Last ones produced with that anatomy were the 450’s. Bullet proof.

Glad I bought the 4910 recently. I was going to wait for November specials.
I bought a 4910 about a year ago, it's a great saw, imho, 92 oct. w/red armor @ 50:1. So when I read they had made it into a 4920 clam, I ordered another one, sitting here "new in box" so hopefully these will last me the rest of my life.

Whats really cool about the stock turd 490's. Mag cased bolt on cylinders. Can pick them up for a song.

Then you can port them and make them rip tater chip. :cheers:

Then you can bolt on 4910 501 cylinder piston etc. Things are endless what you can do with them.
4910 local cut bases etc on shown.

So throw all the 490 turds my way. ;)

e490picco.jpg
e490p.jpge49016.jpge490ccc.jpge490ipl.jpge4910bases.jpg

Latest posts

Back