Echo CS 500 EVL Ignition wiring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Confounded

Reaction score
I am currently replacing piston rings on an Echo CS 500 EVL. In reassembling the saw, I find that since I negleged to make a notes on diassembly, I do not know how to connect the ignition wiring. This saw uses a module and coil connected with 3 or 4 wires. There is a long black wire and a long white wire, twisted together that are connected to the kill switch I assume that the black wire of this pair connects to ground, and the white wire is still connected to a spade terminal on the module, it is the others where I have the problem. The others are a short white wire with a spade terminal connected to the module which still attached, other end has a round terminal. Another short black wire with round terminals on both ends I do not know where to connect these, The coil has no obvious connection terminals, only has the high tension wire , no other places to connect other than under the mounting tabs the are mounted on the flywheel shroud. I have spent a day looking online for a wiring diagram with no results. I found a good schematic , but this does not show wiring. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Latest posts

Back