ECHO CS-590- IDLING PROBLEM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally something, I've been searching for remedies to the racing and not returning to idle after doing cuts with a CS-590. Same pop the choke quick and it settles down. Then bogs and stalls from idle when trying to throttle up, getting harder to start. Though popping choke out and in will raise rpm's slightly and allow to rev up with throttle. Did not try the switch to kill, will try that next time it races to see if similar issue to Richard Terry. I pulled spark plug and cleaned, will try replacing. Snugged down on the carb mounting screws thinking it might be air leak. Bought the saw last year and fell a couple trees. Just got in to bigger wood after tornado came through last week, and was loving the saw until these issues. Think I will check the coil mounting screws and gap as rmh3481 suggests. Think I may be taking it to dealer under warranty if not solved. But wanted to let Richard Terry know he's not the only one having the racing issue.

Finally something, I've been searching for remedies to the racing and not returning to idle after doing cuts with a CS-590. Same pop the choke quick and it settles down. Then bogs and stalls from idle when trying to throttle up, getting harder to start. Though popping choke out and in will raise rpm's slightly and allow to rev up with throttle. Did not try the switch to kill, will try that next time it races to see if similar issue to Richard Terry. I pulled spark plug and cleaned, will try replacing. Snugged down on the carb mounting screws thinking it might be air leak. Bought the saw last year and fell a couple trees. Just got in to bigger wood after tornado came through last week, and was loving the saw until these issues. Think I will check the coil mounting screws and gap as rmh3481 suggests. Think I may be taking it to dealer under warranty if not solved. But wanted to let Richard Terry know he's not the only one having the racing issue.
Welcome to A.S.

Sorry to hear that you are having the same problem. But hopefully we can both get it resolved. I have taken mine into the dealer, I haven't heard back from him yet once I do I will let you know what he says.

I got my saw back from the dealer, he told me that the fuel filter had fallen out and that the carb screen had become plugged. He's cleaned it out and reconnected the fuel filter. Apparently it all runs well now but I haven't had an opportunity to test that, hopefully that will happen this week.

I feel a bit dumb not checking the fuel filter at all but I had changed it relatively recently and the symptoms seemed to match what was happening previously.

I am still unsure why the kill switch wasn't working when it was revving up high, that part is puzzling to me. But hopefully this is really all resolved now.

I got my saw back from the dealer, he told me that the fuel filter had fallen out and that the carb screen had become plugged. He's cleaned it out and reconnected the fuel filter. Apparently it all runs well now but I haven't had an opportunity to test that, hopefully that will happen this week.

I feel a bit dumb not checking the fuel filter at all but I had changed it relatively recently and the symptoms seemed to match what was happening previously.

I am still unsure why the kill switch wasn't working when it was revving up high, that part is puzzling to me. But hopefully this is really all resolved now.
Richard hope you might see this. I'm having same problem w my 590. Only had it 2 months. It's brand new. Same situation w the reving and kill switch not killing it. Did you ever get that issue figured out? Thank you

Latest posts

Back