Echo CS 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive never thought about the oil adjustment screw as I run all my oilers wide open but that is something to consider, and I'm also awaiting someone to buy it as well and report back. I believe they are painted orange and I would prefer the bare aluminum as I think it would look more custom but I know color isn't gonna make it cut faster lol. I think the same guy makes the large felling spikes set on ebay and I am happy with those so far.

I stand corrected looks like he offers the bare aluminum ones now. When I looked a couple years ago I think they were all orange.
I was about to replay I saw orange and bare aluminum. I have a half sheet of aluminum; I might just cut my own. 👍 Also, did you have to install extended studs for the dogs, I am at the end of the threads on mine already.

No not on mine, im not sure if I included pics I can't remember I posted a lot of the same pics in 590 threads so I will include them in this post. The only thing I seen is there was no screw included to affix them permanently to the clutch cover if that's even possible. My 590 is bone stock except for the oregon 24" bar and the dog spikes. I haven't ran my 590s in quite some time so I will have to scope it out again.20210628_083554.jpg20210628_083634.jpg

The metal was pretty thin probly same as factory ones maybe 1/16"? We made spikes out of 1/8" for some big remingtons and the echo spikes are atleast half the thickness of 1/8" flat stock steel.

Ethanol might not be so bad if it didn't draw moisture that seems to corrode passages in the carburetors, especially the small carbs like on MS180 saws. I've found it's better just to change the smaller carbs rather than rebuild them..Anyway, the Echo has a larger carburetor and probably wouldn't stop up so bad..
I have not had any problem with ethanol at the 10% level. I put StaBil in every tank of fuel. I usually make up 2.5 gallons at a time. The saw is idle for about 9-10 months of the year, though I use some fuel in a weed whacker in the summer. Yes, I just cut firewood for personal use, so I don't go through saws or fuel as fast as a pro would. But then, if you are a pro, I would think you would go through fuel fast enough that ethanol would not be a problem even without a fuel stabilizer.

Maybe so but I bought an 034 in March 1992. It seems like it had more power back in the day though. That saw is 30 yrs old and about 20 yrs ago the ignition went out. They fixed it for free. I took it in last Saturday for a repair. Guess what it was . I needed a new spike cause the old one fell off. I have yet to adjust the carb, not even one time. Only one time did it not start , hence the bad coil. Ya, its is kind of slow, With all the cutting tests on this board I decided to try my own. My 026 did some ash cuts of 10" in about 16 sec. , my 034 was about 13 sec. I ran it through a 16" ash and the 026 was about 25 sec. and the 034 was about 20 seconds. If I want faster , I would get my Stihl 441 and likely be half the time. That 034 doesnt owe me anything. It has been so good. The 026, I never really liked. It has not run very good in many years. It stalls at idle, runs ok at full throttle.

Latest posts

Back