Echo CS-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need the IPL and the Service Manual for an Echo CS-590 that has a broken chain brake handle. I will be installing a new one. TIA. Apparently the handle locked the brake and a piece broke near the trigger that locks it when the operator tried to disengage the brake.

I need the IPL and the Service Manual for an Echo CS-590 that has a broken chain brake handle. I will be installing a new one. TIA. Apparently the handle locked the brake and a piece broke near the trigger that locks it when the operator tried to disengage the brake.
A simple ggogle search...took 20 sec.
C320000182
LEVER, BRAKE

I got the new replacement chain brake handle. It took about a week, but before delivery I started thinking. The part that broke off on the handle was the plastic trigger on the chain side that launches and releases the break lever. Could I replace that alone with a shop-made part? I figured I had nothing to lose because as it stood, the handle was toast.

Here's what I did. I drilled a hole from the outside slightly smaller than an M-5 metric machine screw right where the plastic part snapped off. The screw I found in my spare parts is about an inch long. Next I threaded that screw into place and added a jam nut tight to the handle. Lo and behold, that was strong enough to allow both a lock and an unlock of the chain brake.

Before I install the new handle, this repair has to fail. My gut feeling is that it will not fail very soon. Time will tell.

Back