Echo CS-620PW 27 inch bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AddisonEcho

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a question about the 27 inch bar on my new Echo 620pw. I notice that the bar has a gap at the end of the bar closest to the rim sprocket. To be clearer, the gap is at the end of the of the chain adjusting channel. The gap is big enough for a quarter to fit in it. All my other bars are solid with no gaps. I looked at pictures on line and they all show no gap. Could this be an outdated bar and should I use it? I bought the saw with a 27 inch bar so I could cut a 51 inch diameter maple log that is about 35 feet long ( about 44+ inches at the smaller end). I have not used this bar yet but have used it with a 20 inch bar and the saw cuts great.

I have a question about the 27 inch bar on my new Echo 620pw. I notice that the bar has a gap at the end of the bar closest to the rim sprocket. To be clearer, the gap is at the end of the of the chain adjusting channel. The gap is big enough for a quarter to fit in it. All my other bars are solid with no gaps. I looked at pictures on line and they all show no gap. Could this be an outdated bar and should I use it? I bought the saw with a 27 inch bar so I could cut a 51 inch diameter maple log that is about 35 feet long ( about 44+ inches at the smaller end). I have not used this bar yet but have used it with a 20 inch bar and the saw cuts great.
Pics will help

That's something Oregon started doing in the late 80's or so on their bigger bars, they would often crack there before Oregon built in the gap and guys would cut the crack into a slit in so Oregon decided to just add that feature in on all their larger bars. That's what a Husky dealer told me when he saw my older, single rivet-tipped Oregon bar that didn't have the gap.

The large radius hard nose bars or at least mine is that way. It has been discussed before on here. Not fair about the pictures. Might be length related and for longer ago like posted above.
Thanks for the information. I will go ahead and use the bar. I will let you know how the 27" bar works as soon as I get the chainsaw back from the dealer. Before I went to put the larger bar bar on, I wanted to adjust the chain oil to the fullest open position and found out the adjusting screw was tilted and broke off as soon as I put the screwdriver on it. It is part of the oil pump so I am waiting for the pump to come in. I have read where this has happened to others and I hope Echo has fixed this problem. When I get it back I will just leave it in the fullest open position. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back