Echo CS-7310PW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff R

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Finally got hold of one to check it out. It's for a customer so just getting it dialed in before they pick it up tomorrow. This one was really lean right out of the box. Refused to idle well and stalled out instantly if you tried to apply any throttle till it fully warmed up. Even then there was a slight hesitation 3 out of 5 times the throttle was applied quickly. I tried to make a cut with it but it revved to the moon without even thinking about four-stroking so on the bench it went.

Really easy to work on, the carb was off in less than two minutes. Pretty interesting limiters caps over the mixture screws, unlike anything I've seen previously. They only allow about 1/4 turn in each direction and mine were already full rich on both the "L" and "H" screws.

It took a while but I figured out how to remove them without damaging the mixture screws and I put it back together and headed to the log pile. I ended up going about 1/8 on the "L" screw and just shy of 1/2 turn on the "H" screw and she's dialed in perfectly. I was only able to make a few test cuts in some smaller logs and cross-cut a larger piece before the rain moved in and ended the testing. Sadly I woln't be able to do any more testing as it's leaving here tomorrow in the AM.

Initially I'm pretty impressed with it. Slim, professional features, very well built and super easy to take apart.

If you get one of these and have plans of removing the limiters I'd tread softly in that direction. It is NOT easy to get them out of the way without trashing the mixture screws. Took me about an hour to figure it out, the next one will be minutes. Anyhow, it seems to have pretty decent power the little bit I got to run it.........Cliff
IMG_3366.jpg

I found it on-line. The only one I've seen with the full wrap and they said it was the first one they've sold.
Had it out briefly today but the weather didn't cooperate. I ended up leaning it back up some but really couldn't get enough load on it to effectively dial it in. I found a decent size Ash log but it was getting a little "punky" so for sure not a good test for it. The rain chased me back to the shop before I could move to a better log and get this thing to grunt some. Overall it's decent, certainly not lacking for power anyplace. Hopefully I'll be able to spend more time with the next one that comes in.......

620 is such a great value for it's price and it's got tons of low end grunt. It's little a small version of a 372 xpw.
Yeah I really like the 620. I have no 60cc saws and of course, I "need" one. But it would be the only Echo saw I have so obviously it would need a friend. I would then "need" to get a 7310 so the 620 doesn't get lonely.

Yeah I really like the 620. I have no 60cc saws and of course, I "need" one. But it would be the only Echo saw I have so obviously it would need a friend. I would then "need" to get a 7310 so the 620 doesn't get lonely.

I still want a 7310 but I love my 572 so much is hard to justifying but I will have one someday

Latest posts

Back