Echo cs3510 & CS361p chain ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern White Cedar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I picked the cs 3510 cuts like a dream . It comes with a a Oregon 91 ? chain . Anyone know the complete model number for this chain ? I called the dealer and he really did not know . He said he thought it was a VG chain . Wondering if this is the same Oregon chain chain on the 361p ? Oregon did email me some info i thought maybe it was a S57 chain , they said no to long it would take a S56 . Asked if it was a full chisel , nope not currently offered in a low profile chain . Thanks Don

So I picked the cs 3510 cuts like a dream . It comes with a a Oregon 91 ? chain . Anyone know the complete model number for this chain ? I called the dealer and he really did not know . He said he thought it was a VG chain . Wondering if this is the same Oregon chain chain on the 361p ? Oregon did email me some info i thought maybe it was a S57 chain , they said no to long it would take a S56 . Asked if it was a full chisel , nope not currently offered in a low profile chain . Thanks Don

Do your self and the saw a favour and get some stihl PS. Full chisel in 3/8lp.

My experience is Oregon vxl vx, px etc tends to chatter much more than the comparable stihl chain. Others may agree.
Airframfixer on your 361 p do you have 57 drivers oem bar ? Also would you happen to have the number for the Stihl full chisel low pro? Thanks Don .The 3510 works great for what i need really like the lighter weight !

Airframfixer on your 361 p do you have 57 drivers oem bar ? Also would you happen to have the number for the Stihl full chisel low pro? Thanks Don .The 3510 works great for what i need really like the lighter weight !
My 361p has a 14 bar and has 52dl, 3617 005 0057 is 63ps57 for your saw. Double check though for yourself..

Good stuff on the new saw. I'd love to try one someday.

It comes with a a Oregon 91 ? chain . Anyone know the complete model number for this chain ?

I was looking at the parts sheet for the 3510 yesterday and it said 91px in the chain description. That would be Oregon. Didn't the chain come in a plastic bag indicating Oregon 91px? I don't have that model. Or did the dealer assemble the saw and bar. If I remember right the 361p comes with 91pxl. Stihl chisel picco in essentially 3/8lp is 63ps or 63ps3 with bumper drive links. Oregon vg has bumper tie straps and is likely obselete. The px is described by the trademarked term champher chisel.

I know the Stihl PS and PS3 (which I typically use on my 361P) cut faster in timed cuts than the Oregon semi-chisel, but don't expect a dramatic difference. I switched back to the original Oregon chain when I cut a recent batch of smaller firewood and it wasn't noticeably slower, so don't toss out your factory chain. The semi-chisel is good when you're cutting logs laying on the ground or covered in dirt.

Don't overthink it - how sharp you keep the chain is going to matter more than which chain you use. Get your sharpening setup and technique figured out first, then get some Stihl full-chisel PS/PS3 for clean wood and keep the OEM Oregon for backup and dirty wood duty.

Back