echo saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

split maker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I worked in the woods in northern california as a split maker. our yard was located next to simpson timber company so we contracted with them.Arround 1973 the first sign of the echo saw made its apperance on the north coast. Simpson supplyed there company loggers with the new echo saw .On day Iwas walking to the scale shack from our yard to partake a much derserved pop from the pop machine when I spyed a saw laying in the ditch.It was a new company saw, an echo. I thought that it must have fallen off a crummy truck. A few weeks later again a saw was found by one of our men by our yard. In all we found 6 saws all new.My boss was very curious about these finds and puzzled why no one had been looking for them . He checked with the company machanic. The machanic said that these saws where given to them to use on trial bases and that the loggers hated them .When they, the loggers would get to the job site the darn things would only start half the time and would sometimes die while running.He replyed Iwas wondering where these saws where disappearing to. He told us to lose the damn things.It was found out in testing that the eary saws diapharms were made of a materal that would brake down under general user.

No dought Simpson did not have to buy much, as in sm equipment. Sm time tree crews I use to have I got sent new pre- sold saws to try out. I use to buy so called used equip. from Simpson.

The only Echo saw I like is the CS3400. I became familiar with Echo from their lawn equipment- weedeaters, blowers, etc. Never liked their saws till the 3400 came out. Stihl for mid size, and the Husky 3120XP for when you wanna get serious on BIGGGGG wood!:D

Latest posts

Back