Echo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your guys take on echo
I used to buy high end saws only until one of my guys dropped an ash tree on a pretty new Jonsered 2253. Now i buy the most saw i can get for the money and 2 of them are echos. the 590 timberwolf and the 355t. the 355t has been impressive and reliable acccpet have a spare brake lever in your truck. the 590 never quits and is relatively quiet. my big saw and my 50's are still Jonsereds.

I used to buy high end saws only until one of my guys dropped an ash tree on a pretty new Jonsered 2253. Now i buy the most saw i can get for the money and 2 of them are echos. the 590 timberwolf and the 355t. the 355t has been impressive and reliable acccpet have a spare brake lever in your truck. the 590 never quits and is relatively quiet. my big saw and my 50's are still Jonsered

I used to buy high end saws only until one of my guys dropped an ash tree on a pretty new Jonsered 2253. Now i buy the most saw i can get for the money and 2 of them are echos. the 590 timberwolf and the 355t. the 355t has been impressive and reliable acccpet have a spare brake lever in your truck. the 590 never quits and is relatively quiet. my big saw and my 50's are still Jonsereds.
Not much experience on rear hand echos. I ran a 150 Stihl till piston burnt I ran a ten dime bar n wasn't very impressed. Now the three fifty five is truly a champ yet my main issue is vibration an weight an not to mention I can get two twenty fives an only one Stihl for the price. My twenty is my personal. I'm about thirty tanks in n have removed the spark screen. Diy info is always appreciate. How r they taking to the mods such as basics muff mods advance time n limits removed?

I have 4 years on my CS2511 and its still going great. having a good run out of the cs360/361's, 10 years out of there backpack blowers. There power pruners are decent aside from carb issue over time.

They are the Toyota to the Audi and Volvo

this is a very broad generalization of echo but it holds true for about 90% of their products.

slightly heavier...anything from an ounce to a pound depending on the model

slightly underpowered...again its anything from you cant tell except using a stopwatch to like the CS-400 a gutless turd

as reliable as an anvil.....it does what you ask and basically never breaks unless its abused

parts are cheap compared to husky/stihl....dirt cheap compared to stihl

355 is almost dead even with the new husky/stihl top handles in power and weight but not built as well......but its half the price so its a bargain

2511....best tiny top handle made

4910 and 590 are the absolute best bargains in chainsaws from any manufacturer that have ever been made. its kinda hard to beat detuned pro saws for $350 and $400

I have used their smaller models, the 501p and the 352.
Good saws, they are very well built, and no autotune or mtronic to cause issues.
They start all the time, not just when the weather allows, unlike most of the autotune mtronic crowd
when the weather gets hot.
You can work on them yourself without a computer, so no paying for a diagnosis before you can begin the fix,
not waiting on it to happen.
I had three 501 saws, they are very light, the only noticeable concern was the anti vibe could be more comfortable,
they don't fail and are not bad, but could be less buzzy.
The smaller 352 was a really light saw, it had better anti vibe than the 501, and was a pleasure to use.
The bigger CS621 and the 7310 are again a simple well built design, they can be modified to run better than they come
from the factory, its not expensive to do, Echo leave a lot on the plate for anyone who wants to get more out these saws.

If you want a saw that has a very high probablity to start, keep going, and last, then Echo is a very strong contender.

If your in the market for a bigger saw, then the new Husqvarna 585 is coming, it has no autotune, so will likely start when
you want it to, won't need a trip to the computer to diagnose any problems, and you can service it yourself, including the carb.
You can replace the carb without needing to program it to your saw.

I bought some echos after having bad experiences with the first gen auto tune and wanting to avoid electronic carbs.

I have a cs2511t, cs355t, cs501p and cs590.
All four have been super reliable. Always start up easy, idle well and produce(ARB setting).

I think the cs2511t and cs501p are both great saws in their categories and you won't go wrong with them.

The cs355t and cs590 are workhorses. Good value, dependable but uninspiring.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of those models again. Though I am looking at some new Stihl/Husqy saws due to all the positive reviews of the auto tune/m-tronic these days.

Have a big echo blower & a 2511. Had a 330t, friend has some 590's and the new 70cc. They are solid, rugged, and dependable.
The 2511 feels a little dainty, but how do you make a 5lb saw?

2 echos, both start easy and are reliable.
CS-490 is light and a little low on power.
CS-620 is a bit heavy but well balanced in use and does not tire me as much as some lighter saws while cutting. Notice weight when moving around the site.
Great power and speed.

Latest posts

Back