Echos in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had many achievements in my life, and feel no need to stand on top of a mountain and proclaim my greatness to the world. I don't walk around like a peacock puffing my chest or strutting about. Your last several posts you have done as much, you should really re-read the Bible and try to pay attention to the part about being a humble man. It would do you well.
Spot on.
If anything now days most people have too much self confidence, when in reality they are garden variety morons.
Meanwhile those than can do and don't need validation by proclaiming to others what they have done.

No, my phone is just a phone.
Haven't crossed over to all that new crap!

Mike
Mine also underlines what is assumed to be improper grammar. Once it almost caused a serious problem. A friend sent a photo of his wife holding a new granddaughter. I replied, " how sweet". Just as I was about to hit send the phone corrected it to read, "how sexy". Of course I was horrified and quickly corrected it. But I also make mistakes of my own. Being dyslexic I'm capable of spelling words incorrectly. All my life I've had a problem with English grammar. However Spanish seems to not be a problem since most of it is backwards to English. In Spanish saying I have a car new would be correct. I love hard work and learning so yes, I am wordy. Ha. Ha. And I'm for from perfect. Being able to openly admit my weaknesses implies a greater strength. I'm not shy about saying I constantly grade myself, admit my faults and am proud of my achievements. Hopefully I'm becoming a better me. Have a great day.

Back