Echos in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not starting a fight but there is something bad wrong with my Echo cs 352 and it's only a few years old..
So, I got down in my back for a while and was not able to use a saw. In fact I let my cs 352 sit up a couple of months. When I checked it had almost half a tank of fuel and some bar oil. I wanted to cut some small trees and figured it had enough gas and oil so I put on my chaps and decided to try to start it..Sure I knew to pour the old fuel out but since I had mixed it myself using high octane Pure Gas and had added the right amount of Seafoam to the mix I decided to see IF I could run that old gas out..Of course we all know how foolish that is BUT sometimes I like to try foolish things..I'm the guy that was married 3 times before I learned marriage is not for me.. So since it has a primer bulb I pumped that a few times, set the choke and gave it a pull. Sure enough it DID not start..Well, I've ran enough Sthils so I just smiled and pulled again, it popped. Then I put it on half choke and gave it a 3rd pull, Danged if the pull rope didn't get almost all way out on that 3rd pull before it finally started. I remembered my 3 Sthil saws normally like 8 or 10 pulls when they've sat up so I decided there must be something bad wrong with this Echo saw. So.. I put it in the trailer and went to cut the small trees. I cut them and then cut some more and the saw was still burning that old gas but it was still running. I loaded the saw and drove to a downed pine tree. With that 14 inch bar I thought the saw would have to cut from one side then from the other so I put the bar into the wood. Like an old man would I cut deep from the top and brought the bar down and low. near the bottom as the log narrowed I saw the bar tip stick out the other side..It was almost cut in to. So then I cut a little from that side and rolled a block away. It was getting dark but I wanted to burn all of that old fuel so I kept cutting blocks. I got 3 or 4 before finally giving up for the day.. The saw was still running. Now it's in the barn. Tomorrow I will pour out what is left of the old fuel, sharpen the chain, and service the saw..Funny how those Echo saws just keep starting, running, and doing a good job. They are not speed demons but neither is a 75 year old man. We all know they are cheap saws and there's nothing like a good ole Sthil.. My brother a Sthil man would be ashamed to crank one of my Echos..He's right about one thing. You can toss a Sthil in the back of a truck drive like you've lost your mind down rough roads day after day and that saw will be there ready to work for you when you arrive. BUT, I'm not going to abuse my saws like that anyway. The cs352 I bought years ago must have had a factory flaw in the chain catch clutch cover because the flimsy chain catch snapped right off. It was a Cheap part but since I had just bought it I took it in for the good ole 5 year warranty. I was denied. I bought a new side cover on line but never installed it. Instead I super glued the small plastic part back on the side cover then hot melted (welded) some plastic reinforcement. It's never snapped off again. The cheesy dealer lost me over that. I hope I never have to buy from him again. I had bought 4 four saws in a short time and had told at least a Dozen people to buy from him. So recently a guy who knows me called. I told him DO NOT shop there. He went there anyway but soon he butted heads with the dealer and left for good according to him. He said he bought the newer cs3510. I've never seen his saw but he tells me it's a real good saw..I guess he's right. I keep saying something is bad wrong with mine it just starts to easy, cuts to good and is to light. So, I'll just keep it anyway.. I love it..Just like it is.. Sadly, none of my X wives felt that way. Ha. Ha. The last one seems to have love me now after she found herself old, lonely and along but that's another story for my "Lost romances" book. Just like this Echo saw love is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes we look for something better when all the time we have something really good. Be blessed..

Ain't nobody reading all that.
I did, but it can be summed up in little to nothing.
Echo ran on few month old gas.

Stihl takes too long to start on old gas and cost too much.

Echo broke chain catcher under warranty.

Dealer no fix.

Mad at dealer, never go back again.

Bought new side cover, but Jerry rigged chain catcher on old cover and still run that.

Friend went to bad dealer and never go back again after bad experience.

Been divorced 3 times.

There was some stihl bashing in between, and attempt at humor with something is wrong with his echo since it started on gas that wasn't straight out of the pump.

Pretty much the cliff note version.

I'm guessing someone typed in their email address in the wrong field while logging in, and didn't catch it when they posted. If that's what happened, OP may not want his email splashed across the net. @pdqdl Mind taking a look?

Fixed.

Let's take a vote: give me a better title, and I'll put it in.

I love my echo saw, don't like my echo dealer.....
I love one of mine too, which is the 2511t. Awesome little package and the best top handle less than 35cc IMO. I was impressed with it stock, but Echo left more stuff to be "unlocked" in the muffler, timing, and cylinder.

As far as the dealer, I bought mine 3 hours away from home, we don't have Echo dealers where I'm from. The dealer I bought mine(Ace) from is near where I work and I gotta say I'm impressed with their inventory. I haven't bought any parts from them, so I can't comment on that, but they have a good selection of Echo, Stihl, lightweight bars, and climbing equipment. They also have a big inventory of aftermarket stuff like WCS parts, Max-flows, etc. It's hard to believe that they're inside a hardware store, but tree/forestry work is a major industry down there.

I did, but it can be summed up in little to nothing.
Echo ran on few month old gas.

Stihl takes too long to start on old gas and cost too much.

Echo broke chain catcher under warranty.

Dealer no fix.

Mad at dealer, never go back again.

Bought new side cover, but Jerry rigged chain catcher on old cover and still run that.

Friend went to bad dealer and never go back again after bad experience.

Been divorced 3 times.

There was some stihl bashing in between, and attempt at humor with something is wrong with his echo since it started on gas that wasn't straight out of the pump.

Pretty much the cliff note version.
Sean, is your actual name Cliff? Last name Notes?

Bravo for an excellent summation 👍🏻

3 wives, why?
One is enough for any sane man. Two and you start to drink. Three, you fall out with a dealer have one friend and too much time on your hands.

Latest posts

Back