Educational props

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crispexx

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Good evening all, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find an oversized prop of a chain tooth? At my work I am slowly taking over our chainsaw class as an instructor along with a few other good dudes, and I don't remember where I saw one but I have seen someone on Youtube with a large chain tooth and they used it to show what a gullet is and a depth gauge and all that fun stuff but it was so much easier to show with that large prop. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks!

How large would you like and how soon do you need it? I have a few semi-chisel style that I made on my 3D printer about 4" long that would be available immediately. I can make bigger ones but there will be a charge as I need to recover the cost of the material going forward. I do plan to produce chisel and chipper style as well but unfortunately none of these will be available in the very near future as the printer is currently out of commission.

Mark

How large would you like and how soon do you need it? I have a few semi-chisel style that I made on my 3D printer about 4" long that would be available immediately. I can make bigger ones but there will be a charge as I need to recover the cost of the material going forward. I do plan to produce chisel and chipper style as well but unfortunately none of these will be available in the very near future as the printer is currently out of commission.

Mark

The one I saw was stupid big, like 6-8 inches long but I don’t need anything that size. I think 4 inches would work just fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark

Mark - have you gotten your 3D printer up and running? I've been looking for one of these as well...

Best,
Mike

I am operational again and have several smaller ones (approximate 4" long) in semi-chisel, chisel, and square ground chisel ready to go.

If you need something larger I will need to work on that, let me know if the 4" is suitable or if you need/want something bigger.

20211114_154427.jpg

20211114_154446.jpg

Mark

Latest posts

Back