Effective porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usato

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First of all, excuse my English.
I want to buy a small 30cc saw that weighs little (9lb) and I am undecided between these models:
Stihl ms 170
Stihl ms 180
Echo 310
Makita EA 3200 / Dolmar Ps 32
(If you have anything else to recommend with a good weight / power ratio, I listen to you).

I want to modify the muffler and carburetor if needed,
light porting and advance flywheel.
I would like to know which of these would give me the best results in percentage of power gain.

On the Dolmar / Makita I have some doubts because I don't see many spare parts (even aftermarket) ... maybe because Dolmar / Makita have decided not to make internal combustion engines anymore.
Finding a lot of aftermarket parts online would make me happy.
I'll probably just do muffler and carburation. Porting and advance modto such a small saw is difficult and not too effective for me, but I accept advice.

I leave the word to you.

I’ve been happy with my 170 once I did the mods. Saw sucked stock IMO. Carb swap to wt215 and muffler mod and timing advance. May port it but haven’t yet. No opinion with the others mentioned

Welcome my cousin (Naples) to this forum I’m in the USA.

If your looking to do an easy first build the Husqvarna 350 is an easy one to start off with. Port it, add the bigger carb, flatten the upper cylinder adapter ect. Search for Husqvarna 350 porting. Lots of info here.

Latest posts

Back