Eggs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I thought too!
Trust me I am in NO position to judge. I love eggs to but it seems like a lot. I just cooked (12) 5 ounce beef burgers and (8) small sausage patties. Now I only cook on Saturday nights so that is for the next 7 days of breakfast, dinner, and supper

They taste good fried over easy in real butter.
when i give yard eggs to friends, i tell them... these are for over n easy! u want scrambled, buy them at the grocery. i have an OXO pan for eggs. finally, after 3 BS ads on tv for best egg pan, coated... i went with the one that America's Test Kitchen picked as the winner in their fry pan shootout! release-ability was a buying decision motivator. best pans ever!! and nothing ever... ever gets cooked in my big one other than eggs. and they get cooked low and slow, and in butter only!!! 👍
P1010045.JPG

Trust me I am in NO position to judge. I love eggs to but it seems like a lot. I just cooked (12) 5 ounce beef burgers and (8) small sausage patties. Now I only cook on Saturday nights so that is for the next 7 days of breakfast, dinner, and supper
i never really think 2 eggs are enuff, and limit them to 3 per meal... but when it comes to soft scrambled... i could eat the entire dozen! usually, just 2. and i pre-salt the 2 eggs before mixing them up. came across that tip as a DIY stumble one day. and i really liked the results. couple shakes of the shaker. not too much. just enuff... and soft scrambled! yum. some wet still showing ok!!! 👍

1679855086317.png

then dash or two pepper! ~

I fry my eggs in bacon grease, 3 eggs over ez every morning, 6 strips of crisp bacon in a black frying pan , girts and 1 slice of toast have been known to eat tomatoes with them, cup of Maxwell house coffee
On another note my incubator knocked off with only 6 days to hatch. I bought another a TS and will load it up tonight.

I've got a dilemma. Red tail nailed one of my adult hens the other day. I've had hawks and eagles in this area on a regular basis, even nesting near by in the woods, and never had an issue in all these years of raising chickens. Now red is stalking my birds. I've got them locked down in the coop, which they are not accustomed to and do not like. I had my 10-22 out today dispatching a ground hog when Red did a low fly by. I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't cross my mind. Yeah, I know....
I have a feeling this is gonna be a rough go.

That is the hatchery I used last year, I ordered dark egg layer variety surplus. Figured I’d order 10 cause I’ve never had chickens before and figured I loose a few. Chicks were healthy and alert, didn’t loose any. They threw in a 11th bird so I got the rooster. They could have kept him and it would have been alright. I want to say the bill was like $85 with the shipping and tax. I was pleased with them and the fact they did send a variety, I got four different breeds. I decided that I would build a Turkey house and run so I ordered six turkeys of the heritage variety surplus from cackle. I really only wanted three or four so I figured I’d loose a couple poults. I had read that turkeys were a little more difficult to keep alive for the first week or so. I got three royal palms and three black slate. I would have liked to get bronze or bourbons instead of the palms. Didn’t loose any poults and now I have six birds that my wife didn’t really like at first but she’s come around cause of their personalities. I really like them and wish I had gotten turkeys in the past instead of Guinea’s or ducks when I tried raising birds before. Cackle’s prices do seem high compared to going to TSC with shipping and tax, but I had a good experience with them and would rather order from them than give TSC my money. I realize not everyone has a good experience ordering birds through the mail or likes the prices. Just wanted to share my experience with cackle.
You haven't lived until you raised Guinea's, craziest birds in the world. Look up what you need to know before you get them, funny but true!

I've got a dilemma. Red tail nailed one of my adult hens the other day. I've had hawks and eagles in this area on a regular basis, even nesting near by in the woods, and never had an issue in all these years of raising chickens. Now red is stalking my birds. I've got them locked down in the coop, which they are not accustomed to and do not like. I had my 10-22 out today dispatching a ground hog when Red did a low fly by. I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't cross my mind. Yeah, I know....
I have a feeling this is gonna be a rough go.
Theres a 12 guage cure for that, "scare them"

Latest posts

Back