Engine swap project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa came through for me and got me a bunch of supplies I needed to work on my project! I got an air hose reel, an inline air drier, an air paint gun, tons of sanding discs for my die grinder, and a professional trim removing kit. I can't wait to get it set up and start practicing painting this spring!

Got the dash out. Now I understand the wiring setup I will be doing. Got my new hose reel setup too. Bout to get going on this project finally!!
20220109_145708.jpg

I’m doing the typical swap for stuff now a days putting a 5.3Ls into my my gasser 1990 Chevy 3500 that currently has a 350 with 7 cylinders. I love to find a 5 or 6 speed manual to go into it but most of the ones I find are dodge or 4x4. Also putting a 5.3Ls into my 1986 mustang drag car but that will be a simple engine carb set up.

I was going to ask, HOW?

In the end I will be in it for less than $6k with new paint

$6k barely covers the paint...but now I see you are doing it yourself. Nice. Always wished I could do that. Actually both. Swap an engine...and paint a car. But I’ll need;

More money.
More time.
A new house with a shed.
Likely a good divorce lawyer.

So...I have my eye out for donor cars, lol.

I have been helping my son with a 50 Chrysler Coup. He found several started projects but not very completed projects which he is trying to assemble. I really like his 50 Chrysler because it looks nice but the inside tubing is going to need to be pushed much farther. It has only some what a roll cage that may be fitted with shoulder harnesses. It has a SBC 350/383 with big valves. I do not like the mechanical twin Holley 780s because it takes real finesse to drive it around the block. You could say herky jerky. I did my first swap in 69 from a 57 Tbird to a 55 F100. Still have it but do not drive it . All of my swaps have taken about a year to complete but well worth the time.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back