Englander 28-3500 Furnace Discontinued

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar969

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Haven't been on the forum in a while. Kinda just been busy with work family and life in general. This is a ran/wanted ad post...

Built a shop and currently have the englander 28-3500 furnace in my house. Was hoping to put the same unit in my shop but found out they are discontinued. Apparently the epa is so concerned about us wood guys that englander doesn't even have a furnace wood burner model available because of their strict emission standards. Now before you reply yes I can go for another brand but I have this furnace in the house and know the ins and outs of it. Too darn old to learn new tricks and I think it's just crazy how absurd these regulations have become.

With that being said:
Looking to buy an englander 28-3500. Looking for one new old stock or in really nice used shape. I am located in SW Pennsylvania but I travel alot around ohio, west virginia, maryland and other near by states. If anyone is aware of one for sale please message me cause its cold outside!!! lol

Thanks for the wanted AD and for letting me vent :)

Watch on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace , I see the 28-3500 used quite often . Also the 28-4000 is a good option with very similar features but has more current epa compliance, 2017 I believe.

I own a 28-3500, great stove period. With that said I moved mine to my shop and bought a Drolet heatmax for the house. Believe it or not the new furnace is easier than the old 28-3500. More efficient, less creosote, still good heat output, thermostat controlled, auto dampener, etc. Cut my wood use from 5 cords to 3 in the house. Don't overlook the newer furnaces on the market.

@Jsab9191 Thanks I've been keeping an eye out.

@CWME The drolet tundra looks like a really nice stove and I have heard good things. Wish it was made in usa but I don't mind Canada. Question for you I don't have any ductwork in my shop and wanted to just dump the heat like I would do with the englander. Do I need to attach that square box with all the ductwork connections on the tundra? I can't find a picture of what it looks like without that. Also I'll have to take measurements but as the chimney is straight up I'm afraid the blower box behind the tundra is going to hit the wall. Looks like that blower sticks out much more than the englander one. Thanks Fellas!!

I have a 28-4000 and its totally different than a 28-3500. Basically its a epa stove in a metal box. It doesn't really matter though its discontinued also because it does not meet the new epa regulations.

I was also looking for a 28-3500 to refurbish and put in place when my current furnace is in need of replacement. Im not a fan of the new epa regulations and fancy furnaces. I found a few used ones for almost the price they were new and you had to get it out of a basement.

Back