European beetle - an invasive species please help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might consider posting your question in English. While I am sure that there are some members from your part of the world, they don't seem to be answering this question.

Google translate tells me that your first sentence is "I found beetle larvae in the lawn".

Beetle larva in the lawn are not generally considered much of a concern particularly to any trees you that you might have. Unless you provide us with a more specific identification of the beetle larva in question, we are not likely to be able to provide you any useful guidance.

If you have a large amount of grub worms ( the common name for soil dwelling beetle larva in the United States), then you will undoubtedly suffer quite a bit of turf damage. "Large amount" is usually interpreted to be 6-9 grub worms per square foot of turf area, although smaller numbers can also do significant damage. At this late point in the season, those grub worms have probably began pupating, and are not likely to incur any further turf damage that has occurred already. Furthermore, they are rather difficult to kill late in the season.

If you have incurred significant turf damage, consider treating the lawn next year with appropriate levels of insecticide rated for use against grub worms.

If you have not observed large patches of grass that easily pull-up in your hands, then you might consider doing nothing at all. I have often discovered heavy grub worm infestations that have been totally eliminated by birds that find them rather tasty. Obviously, if the insectivores are not doing their job, you might have to lend them some assistance. Please be aware that most insecticides also wipe out the earthworms, and this generally isn't too good for the soil either.

Tento príspevok predpokladá, že prekladač Google odviedol dobrú prácu pri prevode mojej angličtiny do slovenčiny.

Môžete zvážiť uverejnenie svojej otázky v angličtine. Aj keď som si istý, že existujú niektorí členovia z vašej časti sveta, zdá sa, že na túto otázku neodpovedajú.

Prekladač Google mi hovorí, že vaša prvá veta je „Našiel som larvy chrobákov v trávniku“.

Larvy chrobákov na trávniku sa vo všeobecnosti nepovažujú za veľmi znepokojujúce, najmä pre stromy, ktoré by ste mohli mať. Pokiaľ nám neposkytnete presnejšiu identifikáciu danej larvy chrobáka, pravdepodobne vám nebudeme môcť poskytnúť žiadne užitočné rady.

Ak máte veľké množstvo červov (bežný názov pre larvu chrobákov žijúcich v pôde v Spojených štátoch), potom nepochybne utrpíte značné škody na trávniku. "Veľké množstvo" sa zvyčajne interpretuje ako 6-9 červov na štvorcový stopu trávnatej plochy, hoci menšie množstvá môžu tiež spôsobiť značné škody. V tomto neskorom bode sezóny sa tieto červy pravdepodobne začali kukliť a je nepravdepodobné, že by spôsobili ďalšie škody na trávniku, ktoré sa už vyskytli. Okrem toho je dosť ťažké ich zabiť neskoro v sezóne.

Ak ste utrpeli značné poškodenie trávnika, zvážte ošetrenie trávnika v budúcom roku primeraným množstvom insekticídu určeného na použitie proti červom.

Ak ste nespozorovali veľké plochy trávy, ktoré sa vám ľahko naťahujú do rúk, možno by ste mali zvážiť, či nebudete robiť vôbec nič. Často som objavil ťažké zamorenie červami, ktoré boli úplne odstránené vtákmi, ktoré ich považujú za veľmi chutné. Je zrejmé, že ak hmyzožravce nerobia svoju prácu, možno im budete musieť požičať pomoc. Uvedomte si prosím, že väčšina insekticídov ničí aj dážďovky, a to vo všeobecnosti nie je príliš dobré ani pre pôdu.

To our other readers: I do NOT know any Slovak language at all! The message above was prepared using Google translate, which I have often discovered is marginal at best.

Latest posts

Back