Everyone wants to borrow a chain saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll get much better results if you start your own thread in the appropriate section, and then wait patiently for responses, instead of spamming a dozen non related threads with your question.
i am sorry for being a pest but i need some help. please.
i am not going to do it again. i promise

i am sorry for being a pest but i need some help. please.
i am not going to do it again. i promise
Use two pry bars like tyre irons to get it back on, fit bar and chain, do the chain adjuster and stud nuts up good and tight.
Immediately start the saw and hold it at WOT until the saw clears itself and the smoke clears. ;)

Or, buy a bigger hammer.

Use two pry bars like tyre irons to get it back on, fit bar and chain, do the chain adjuster and stud nuts up good and tight.
Immediately start the saw and hold it at WOT until the saw clears itself and the smoke clears. ;)

Or, buy a bigger hammer.
i was surprised you did not mention thermal lance. that would do the trick just fine as well...

Hello,
I have a big problem and that is the ring that covers the rotating thing on the chainsaw does not fit anymore. Should I be "forcing it" in or what do you think?
I'd appreciate any and all help you may have,
Thank you!

You really out to be able to start your own thread in the chainsaw forum, rather than posting "off topic" in this one. I'll quote you in a new thread, but please remember that this is how it should be done when you need some help with a saw.

Не давам на. Когато и да е I don't lend anything. Whenever I give, it always comes back with some kind of defect. I would give something as a gift if I don't need it, but lending it - definitely not.
Yer English Lesson Sat in right good. I need to go back to post #57. 'n get a refresher on loan, lend and lent. (An attempt at humor)

You really out to be able to start your own thread in the chainsaw forum, rather than posting "off topic" in this one. I'll quote you in a new thread, but please remember that this is how it should be done when you need some help with a saw.
I started having doubts as to the intentions in the first post (#76) with the chain brake. Either A very serious, yet simple inquiry or an EXTREMELY good example of ultra dry humor.

Tell them your homeowner insurance will not cover, damage to your tools or medical for anyone that gets hurt.

You can pre negotiate the cost of buying a new saw if friends mess it up. I remember telling a neighbor that my saw is 900 dollars new...and worth 700 now. Cost of repairs could be 500 dollars.. more if wrong fuel without oil was used..
That kind of frank language should make people buy their own saw or pay for someone else to do the work.

Not always.. some folks should not ever use a gas saw that has power and a muffler and not understand how to start and maintain and safely operate a saw.
A good rule of thumb is to ask if the person has safety glasses. And hearing protection. If you dont have both of them or realize you need both you should not touch a saw.

If a person does not know how to mix gas they should not be allowed near your saw. A quick question about tell me you understand the two kinds of oils a chainsaw requires will give you info quickly. If they seem stumped they need help or to hire someone.

I had a "friend" ask to borrow a saw and my stump grinder a while back to take out a few of his own trees. I reminded him that I own a tree service and do this for a living and he let me know that he wasn't wanting to spend any money. I told him my door was unlocked if he'd like to literally come inside and take food off my table. He hasn't had much to say to me since. That's about as sorry as asking a wrecker service if you can borrow their wrecker to tow your truck home because you don't want to pay anything.

I had a "friend" ask to borrow a saw and my stump grinder a while back to take out a few of his own trees. I reminded him that I own a tree service and do this for a living and he let me know that he wasn't wanting to spend any money. I told him my door was unlocked if he'd like to literally come inside and take food off my table. He hasn't had much to say to me since. That's about as sorry as asking a wrecker service if you can borrow their wrecker to tow your truck home because you don't want to pay anything.
I have had friends offer to help me at a discounted rate, a few times, but I would never ask for a discount.
I would not borrow anything I did not have the money to buy, because if i broke it I would have to buy it.
You are 100% right!
Had a coworker, who has spent 15 years as a car mechanic, do thing cheaper than any shop would & I alway gave him more than he ask for.
He had no over head, but he had five kids.

Hey now I borrow my uncles roll back every chance I can! Lol.
Good point though.

Would it be out of line to loan them Granddads crosscut saw.
Before you loan out Grandad's crosscut, consider the cost of sharpening, when, and if, you get it back!
It's running about $20 PER FOOT here on the west coast, IF you can find someone to do it!

I live in a suburban but tons of trees and bushes area.. i am pretty beat up so I run a stihl saw every few days for cleanup but cant run it for long. I get too tired out. So I am happy with my situation. However my neighbors can hear my saw running and come over and want to borrow one for ten minutes to do a few branches.
I dont trust that people are safe with a stihl pro saw. I run fast non safety chain.
Saws are so cheap they should get one if they really need one. Not a pro stihl. But hell i have loaned out the harbor freight plug in electric saw. They seem much safer for folks without skills.. and total cost is 45 bucks for a saw inc bar and chain..

Why do people think its ok to ask for expensive gear ? Or stuff they cant run properly ?
They dont know how to mix gas and oil. Cant tighten a chain. And run the chain into the dirt if I am dumb enough to give them a chance.
So often if its someone I like.. god forbid. I will do the work for them. But not loan out the gear.

Other people do similar stuff ?? Or am I missing something I should know better. ??
There are only two of my friends I will loan/Lend my saws to. We have cut together and I know their capabilities.

You cannot loan anything, but you can lend it. (Loan is a noun, not a verb). I would be reluctant to lend my MS500i to anyone, even those who know how to use it.

Back