Factory flagship hot saw. 262xp Experimental saw that got the line moving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinupferalivin

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Found in all places but eBay, the saw that engineers made the final adjustments to for the 262xp line of saws.
It has a stainless steel muffler. Not a hda87 carb but one even larger. Two piece stainless steel heat shield attached to inner side of top cover
Swirl marks in top cover denoting final adjustments to the molding process. A one off white air filter and several other unique features that were never utilized.

My reception where I live isn’t good enough to upload pics. But I can assure you that this is one piece of art the engineers had to have poured their minds out onto.
I will post pics tommorrow. It’s untouched and as far as I can tell the one that got lost in the fray….

I noticed it on eBay. Two rivers in top cover and white muffler caught my attention before The serial numbers…
”Prov 2 262
91600…
I’m leaving the last two off as this is crazy enough as it is and I do not need some crazed saw freak trying something that would make me have to do something

More details on this thing…evidently before handing this thing off that person took the kill switch out of the saw and made sure to loosen the carb enough to squeeze the blue wire under it.
They also removed the fuel filter and gas cap. It was started one time I can tell from another crazy feature it possesses. The cyl has a rectangle machined place on its base left side. The carb has hda where normally placed but there is no 87, or any other numbers where they usually are. There are numbers on the outboard side…wx2747…
When I saw it on eBay I had that feeling and I immediately placed 1648.00 for a max bid.

Prov 2 experimental 262xp 1989 vintage 088 saw offf line.
Factory experimental stainless muffler Hda 87 “cx” prototype carb 2 piece stainless muffler heat shield. Ultra light weight at 1.4 lbs shy of stock. Must be in the metal somewhere???

Attachments

• 6D84A3A3-49BE-4E8D-86BE-AB5848942FBF.jpeg
    6D84A3A3-49BE-4E8D-86BE-AB5848942FBF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back