Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jacob J. @slowp @tarzanthomas @hammerlogging @datalogger @Burvol @Gologit I see some of you folks show up as taggable; others appear long gone from the site. It's been a long time since I was here last. Hope all is well. I am sure I've forgotten some people.

I haven't been on the saw in a long time. The last time was somewhere in New Mexico a few years ago - had been 7 years since regular saw use up to hat point. Cutting some Doug-firs for a friend.

Stay safe and watch the top!

alder it woulda been a good one too, garbage now.
Now the chair makes sense with all the moss and the white straight grain hade me thinking maple at first. I have seen maple grown like that fracture and peel even when bucking when they’re under stress. Straight grain is great for splitting though!

Now the chair makes sense with all the moss and the white straight grain hade me thinking maple at first. I have seen maple grown like that fracture and peel even when bucking when they’re under stress. Straight grain is great for splitting though!
the maple out here splits fine when its green, but if it dries out its like iron..

That alder damn near splits by pointing your finger and saying split. No need to place it upright, just tap it on its side and its good.

Practiced yesterday on a few dead Ash. Pictures taken by my cutting buddy. My stump shots are held hostage in my home computer which beginning last Thursday won't work on AS any longer.

Putting in the face.
IMG_1059 (480x640).jpgIMG_1061 (480x640).jpg
All went well. For the eagle eyes - yes, I had to put some work into fixing the face. I missed big time with that short bar. Would have brought a longer bar if I had known ahead of time what was to be cut.

Another one leaving the stump.
IMG_1073 (480x640).jpg
Felled with my new off-brand FI saw. Really needs a wrap - almost a pound of the weigh savings will be gone and more $$ out of my pocket but a wrap is so convenient.

Ron

I don’t post much in this section, but here goes. Doing some spruce logging with my father this winter. Having a blast working with him and his old skidder that he has run for over 40 years.
Just logging the more mature trees and some blowdown from a summer wind storm we had.
7325530a0d0125c270ec8c6e45aa5347.jpg

2c3d02ef91caa96dbd4cab9ab803c5fe.jpg

df85cf2f14a954970741d30d7843c2d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back