Fantastic photos of cars: oldies, modified, bizarre: whatever!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was working as a taxi driver at the time. And during my off hours I generally had a bunch of friends in the ambulance going to this party and that.

The day after Woodstock (a big letdown being back in the world of normal), a girlfriend said, "Why don't we get some paint and do up the ambulance." Which we did. Somebody painted "CB's taxi service" (my first & last name initials) on the front left quarter panel, and I've been CB ever since.

One from my collection
4952C411-6D20-4F2F-90F3-2EFB546ADAE1.jpeg
B33157BD-E764-455C-8802-BB4F594F0E8A.jpeg

More about the ambulance.

I met a lot of cops in that vehicle. Got pulled over constantly. When I bought it, it still had the rooftop red flashing lights (two front & rear) operational. One night we pulled over a carload of girls w/ the lights flashing. They were unimpressed.

Another time, stopped for a red light, my buddy Paul in the passenger seat flipped the light switch on, then reached his left foot over and mashed the accelerator. We shot across four lanes of highway traffic, me screaming like a little girl. It's a wonder I lived to adulthood.

Local cops pulled me over several times and threatened action unless I removed them. Which I did. Covered them over with white plastic.

Driving in the South was an adventure. Don't know how I stayed out of jail.

One of my favorite Woodstock photos--this was taken on state highway 17 (17B?) just outside the festival. What makes it remarkable is the guy riding on the fender of the Chevy as a trooper car goes the other way AND TAKES NO NOTICE.

NY state troopers were Nazis back then. Under normal circumstances a guy riding on the fender would have provoked instant trouble. But all the rules were relaxed for Woodstock.

NY troopers 1.jpeg

So, I bet you get asked this all the time. But,

What is the setup there under the hood, and how do you get power from there to the wheels?

And, does it sound like armageddon itself? Where is my jealousy emoji?
Blown 406" SBC built on a Dart block using AFR heads, through a manual valve body TCI 400, out to a fabricated 9" Ford with 411 gears. Yes, it wakes the neighbors... in the next state over :)

Attachments

• IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4816.JPG
    IMG_4816.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7819 copy.jpg
    IMG_7819 copy.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0889 2.JPG
    IMG_0889 2.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
Blown 406" SBC built on a Dart block using AFR heads, through a manual valve body TCI 400, out to a fabricated 9" Ford with 411 gears. Yes, it wakes the neighbors... in the next state over :)

That looks like a very well executed build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back