Fantastic photos of cars: oldies, modified, bizarre: whatever!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure we can make this Volvo 210
image.jpegimage.jpeg
...into this
image.pngBut we may try.

Condensation,
My son's 1st car had stop&go start stop technology and in the winter his 3 to 4 mile trip to school the engine would hardly warm up and he got a little froth form on the oil filler cap.
Solution - I'd swap cars and get some highway time.
We've got a tow motor(fork truck) at work that gets intermittent use. It burns propane, ultra clean but the cylinder blow-by can accumulate over time and froth. Reasons to change oil regardless or hours of operation.
Yep, doing oil change 1 with el-cheapo oil, running the engine for 10 mins, do oil change 2 with normal oil, then needs a good 45 minute run at 50km/h. Not sure it will go faster than that yet. But I want it to get warm...hot even. If the oil is clear...or mostly clear, I’ll call it good and drive it for a couple hundred km’s and then change again.

The engine hasn’t pushed the car along the road for 5+ years, I need to use kid-gloves to let everything get warm and oily again...wish me luck.

Yep, doing oil change 1 with el-cheapo oil, running the engine for 10 mins, do oil change 2 with normal oil, then needs a good 45 minute run at 50km/h. Not sure it will go faster than that yet. But I want it to get warm...hot even. If the oil is clear...or mostly clear, I’ll call it good and drive it for a couple hundred km’s and then change again.

The engine hasn’t pushed the car along the road for 5+ years, I need to use kid-gloves to let everything get warm and oily again...wish me luck.

Many years ago, my father would do an engine flush. He'd cut the motor oil with diesel fuel and run it for a while. Drain & replace. I don't recall the exact ratio, but I think he used a 50:50 ratio.

I don't know about whether or not it was good for the engine, but it really does clean them out.

Many years ago, my father would do an engine flush. He'd cut the motor oil with diesel fuel and run it for a while. Drain & replace. I don't recall the exact ratio, but I think he used a 50:50 ratio.

I don't know about whether or not it was good for the engine, but it really does clean them out.
I dont think it hurts if you dont run it too long.

I have considered it before on other cars...never had the courage. 50/50 mix is way more than I would have considered though, I was thinking more like adding a litre of diesel. And running it for just 3 or 4 minutes to get it circulated.

For now, it’ll be an oil only flush and then refill and we’ll see.

The new (Real) Broncos are sweet! Ford is cashing in with the bronco sport pos with all the millennials, city hippie’s. My brother wanted to order several Sasquatch editions for the US forest service but they’re too expensive. They bought more junk dodge trucks as they’re the cheapest setup. All of his K9 handlers hate coming out of tahoes and into dodge crew cabs but he’d rather spend the budget on tactical stuff for them vs the extra cost of reliable suvs.

Nice. The soft top eh? Bold move, that’s a huge section to fold down.

Never liked that colour when I first saw it...but it’s growing on me...looks better with a bit of dust on it, lol.

How’s the road noise with those tyres? And how’s the ride/handling all around?
It’s almost impossible to get a hard top unless you want to wait an exorbitant amount of time, and the color isn’t my first choice either, but it’s pretty much take what you can get with these things because the demand is so high. The top is actually quite user friendly once you figure it out and it’s going to be garaged so I’m not too worried about weathering.

The tires aren’t too loud you can hold a conversation while driving with the windows down. Of course that will change as they wear. I have a set on my Ranger and they are starting to get a little loud.

With the IFS front and coil/link rear It rides and drives like a car. Albeit a tall one with big tires. That is what really sold it to the wife. Rather comfortable on the freeway. We drove some new jeeps and needless to say I wasn’t impressed with ride quality, but that’s what you get with a live front axle.

The new (Real) Broncos are sweet! Ford is cashing in with the bronco sport pos with all the millennials, city hippie’s. My brother wanted to order several Sasquatch editions for the US forest service but they’re too expensive. They bought more junk dodge trucks as they’re the cheapest setup. All of his K9 handlers hate coming out of tahoes and into dodge crew cabs but he’d rather spend the budget on tactical stuff for them vs the extra cost of reliable suvs.
Mine has the Sasquatch package. I wouldn’t have one any other way. Electronic lockers F/R 4.7 gears. It even has trail turn assist where it locks the brake of one of the rear wheels so you can maneuver tight trails. Basically a cutting brake.

Got to drive a new Bronco Raptor yesterday. This one is lifted on 40 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires.
With over 400hp on tap there were zero problems spinning the tires 🤣
IMG_5725.jpeg
IMG_5727.jpeg

Latest posts

Back