Fedex is a Pathetic Carrier

Help Support ArboristSite:

TBS

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
I just purchased a set of tires online a few days ago and had to change the delivery because I don't want a set of tires sitting at my front door. I check online and find out It has two tracking numbers and one I can't request a delivery change but the other number I could and did. The change came up on both tracking numbers so I called and spoke to a person who proceeded to tell me neither number was eligible to hold at a location, but it says I did make a request online, but it's not eligible for that, if it wasn't the site wouldn't give me the option. Then I received a smart assed reply and I came unglued and said I am looking at the same damn thing that you are because you are using the same website I'm on!! Add on top of a driver not being able to find my address when he stopped at the stop sign not quite 40 feet from our address sign and driveway .

TBS

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
I just purchased a set of tires online a few days ago and had to change the delivery because I don't want a set of tires sitting at my front door. I check online and find out It has two tracking numbers and one I can't request a delivery change but the other number I could and did. The change came up on both tracking numbers so I called and spoke to a person who proceeded to tell me neither number was eligible to hold at a location, but it says I did make a request online, but it's not eligible for that, if it wasn't the site wouldn't give me the option. Then I received a smart assed reply and I came unglued and said I am looking at the same damn thing that you are because you are using the same website I'm on!! Add on top of a driver not being able to find my address when he stopped at the stop sign not quite 40 feet from our address sign and driveway .

Got my tires today delivered to a FedEx office everything the lady on the phone said I couldn't do because it was apparently sent home delivery even though it said ground in the tracking information.:drinkingcoffee:

Wow

ArboristSite Guru
I had the liars tell me my package was delivered and it most definitely was not!
Ok. Here is what I did.
I wrote a Letter to my Congressman. The USPS vich sets her own rules but there IS A handbook 603. If I recall correctly. It states exactly her job.
The FedEx guys are ok. The USPS female puppy maker decided she hates me so in June 2020 she told me to drive to the post office (it closes at noon) and get my own packages. The boss lady can't control her because she keeps with the union complaints. One behind the other. I live 600+ or - a few feet from the blacktop. My driveway is sand gravel and crushed asphalt. Very solid. I use a Kubota tractor and front end loader and keep this driveway passable. Until recently the UPS driver has been doing a great job. I guess he's chatted with the lady spider because the last two deliveries he's left them at my neighbor's house just off the black top. I talked to him once, twice then called his boss.
I've even built a Dog House type drop box so all ya gotta do is drive up, drop and go. Easy. The USPS Post Master came inspected and approved. Then vich said my driveway was not passable. I had it inspected by a mobile home mover. He said it's very good and my turn around is accommodation an 18 wheeler.
Union workers, ( not all) simply learn how to walk the bridge railing and dare you to complain.
My President (bless him) had no sense of how to talk to a society of morons and they hated his blunt rambling. Based upon feelings alone thet chose a smooth talker who has no sense of how to run a nation. Without putting my private info out there I'll add that I've supervised 75 men and never had a problem except with fools who hated me because leadership skills are so lacking. I once quit a job because I had a dumchit boss who was jealous because the men respected me. I told him Eagles fly but flap little while little birds flap all the time. Poor ole Donald. A great President but no idea how to deal with those foxes that are daily robing the hen house. It's only going to get worse. You can't pack enough grease in this bearing. It's gone. Time to replace it. Zark Suck a Bug done did a Donald to me too. Free speech, like virgin sworz are all gone.

Den

ArboristSite Guru
I live in a rural area. Limestone gravel roads. My house is 350 yards from the road. My private road/lane is very well maintained gravel.
My mailman is great.
UPS, DHL, Speedy, etc pretty good. They make mistakes like I do, but they try.
Never had many problems with deliveries or pickups except FedEx.
Sometimes they get my package in the vicinity of my house. On rare occasion on my porch. Many times in the middle of the steps so we can trip on them.
The last five to six years have been getting worse.
What's really aggravating is that nobody at FedEx cares about their junk service IMO.
Nine days ago I received a new 562XP chainsaw and saw parts valued about $1,000.
Even though I'm signed up everything FedEx, email, phone number etc., they didn't let me know my package was delivered in three inches of snow in the county road right of way.
Luckily I walked to my mailbox at the end of my lane to see if I had any mail so I found my saw and parts. Lugged them into the 20 mph north wind in single digits.
Got back to my house way upset as this is becoming a very common practice. I'm concerned about liability if it's stolen. I'm sure FedEx will make it right. Right?
It was late in the day when I called the local facility in Quincy illinois and reamed a guy that wasn't a manager and didn't deserve my rath. To him I apologise. Sure would be nice if somebody at FedEx would apologise to me for everything they have put me through!!!!!!
Apologies are not in their DNA!
I should have saved it for somebody else, but at no time did I make any threats. Just vented years of FedEx frusteration.
Four days later, a woman called from the local office. Actually I had mostly forgot about things and was quite calm until I listened to her hard time mouth. I've spoken with her in the past. She hasn't changed a bit. She is another FedEx " problem ".
This week a guy named Andrew .... from FedEx security called and wanted to know if I was going to shoot or physically harm his under payed and mistreated ground drivers. Or yell at them. That's the truth. Paraphrasing, but his words, not mine. He talked for about ten minutes how bad FedEx treats the ground drivers. Bad pay and benefits with high turnover. As in I shouldn't expect much from them. Especially when compared to UPS drivers that are well paid with good benefits. I'm not making this up. I told him if it's that bad, FedEx needs to solve their problems and quit making my life miserable. He said a fix probably would not happen in his lifetime.
Well, Andrew is right. Don't expect too much from them.
He said someone reported that I made a threat against FedEx. He was very vague and ambiguous. But that's garbage. Said he had to " feel me out ". I talked to him for 58 minutes and six seconds. What a waste of my time.
FedEx has had $800 worth of my saw parts on one of their trucks for the last two days and they won't deliver them.
Im just suffering from their incompetence business wise I can't imagine if it was medicine, or baby formula, or other very important items that FedEx mishandles.
Today they dropped off another package. This from Sam's club. Same place. 18" from vehicle traffic and a foot from the road ditch.
My wife and I are late sixties, so exiting our lane by herself, my wife tries to retrieve the package and slipped in the snow and into the road ditch injuring herself. Argh!
In the last nine days I have spoken with at least 12 Fedex customer service people. One! One young woman apologized for the poor service. The others are neutral to rude. No apologies. No solutions. I've talked to numerous problems, I can't find a solution to speak with. I don't believe a solution exists at FedEx. That's my honest opinion.
One upper management woman told me my road/lane is dirt, and the road her driver's are on is blacktop. She knows better than me. Now there's a problem solver!
This is the very tip of the tip of the FedEx nightmare. I'm tired of typing.
Ill leave it that after my numerous contacts with FedEx customer support service, IMO they have a chronic, systemic, anti customer, low care of quality and service attitude.
I didn't want to make this post.
I hoped I could work it out somehow. Get them to at least put my packages on my property off the county right of way. I'm really sorry to say I feel the whole outfit is rotten to the core. Nobody cares at all! Period!
I'm a dinasouar of the past when people were expected/demanded to do a good job. And if not, there was accountability and consequences for poor work. Sadly, I feel those days are gone in many ways. IMO for sure with FedEx. What a sad organization IMO!
I wonder what their mission statement is?
Stick to everybody?
For those FedEx employees that do care and try to do a good job, I tip my hat to you because I'm sure you are out there in numbers. I wish some of you were in the Quincy illinois facility so this old man could have some peace.

I have excellent service with Fed Ex... never had one problem with them.

DHL is magnificent.

UPS, also known as United Package Smasher's, I will not deal with if I can help it.

HadleyPA

HadleyPA

ArboristSite Operative
Old thread but this happened just today. Ordered new cell phone thru carrier on Thursday. Get notification with FedEx tracking # says will be delivered today. Great! Except it is suppose to pour down rain this afternoon just like it's been doing for the past 5 days. Look on camera and FedEx driver leaves package on step at side door of house. That wouldn't be that bad if it weren't going to rain all afternoon. But the crazy thing is my front porch is covered and there is a gazebo on back porch, but NO, lets put the package right out in the open where there is no protection whatsoever! Once driver backed in driveway all doors are same walking distance so it's not like they were saving a bunch of time. I realize the driver most likely didn't know sensitive electronics were in the box, but why leave any packages exposed like that? Thankfully wife works close to home and was able to run home on lunchbreak and grab it.

Latest posts